This Hurts! What's a Father to Do?

This is a discussion on This Hurts! What's a Father to Do? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mkh I feel for you. It's hard to let daughters go and even harder when their decisions put them in potential danger. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: This Hurts! What's a Father to Do?

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I feel for you. It's hard to let daughters go and even harder when their decisions put them in potential danger.
    Amen to that. I have been there and lived through that. Not a easy thing when your children always remain your "babies" no matter how old they are.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

MJK
    Give her your unrelenting support...and listen, listen, listen! Then listen to her some more. Help her find a new job and living arrangements, then show up on her doorstep on move day to handle everything.

Just my $0.02.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I am sorry to hear this, I live in Saint Louis, so I can definitely relate to the crime. The worst thing is that even if she was off of work, Illinois does not even allow CCW. My prayers are with you and your daughter's safety.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links