Hotel room invasion

Hotel room invasion

This is a discussion on Hotel room invasion within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So you're staying at the long term hotel... on business or whatever... Three guys are waiting in an alcove until you get back to your ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By whoppo
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By Steve J

Thread: Hotel room invasion

Hotel room invasion

So you're staying at the long term hotel... on business or whatever... Three guys are waiting in an alcove until you get back to your temporary "apartment"...

Guns in your face... wallet, cel phone, plastic, cash, and keys all gone.... Not to worry.. these rubes will stop at Mickey Dee's to fuel up for their next major heist.... caught within the hour... Surveillance video caught 'em, and the police responded timely (must not have been an all star game in town)...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Oh, here's another story on the crime ... and it also says that the serial numbers were filed off of 2 of the guns... tell me again how microstamping is gonna save the day?

2nd story
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    My GF travels extensively for her company and spends a couple weeks a month in hotel rooms. This is the kind of thing I worry about the most when she's on the road.
    Sure would be nice of the Senate got off their collective butts and passed that Right to Carry bill that seems to have gotten lost.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Does she carry all the time when not traveling? If not, any reciprocity act won't mean much...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Does she carry all the time when not traveling? If not, any reciprocity act won't mean much...
    We both do.. Every day and everywhere that's legal
    oakchas and sid1 like this.
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    We both do.. Every day and everywhere that's legal
    Good on yaz both... why not get some nonresident permits to cover some of her territory? Unless of course that's NY, NJ, or others...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Hope they were planning on spending some of that loot on a trip to a barber shop...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Here's the problem with gun laws...Joe Q. Citizen is expected to jump through all the hoops to carry concealed, but these three dirtbags have illegal possession of 'illegal' guns and not much is done to them.
    FL's 10-20-Life should kick in here and require a MINIMUM sentence of 10 years, added on to that should be additional years for the possession of an illegal weapon.
    These dirtbags shouldn't see the light of day until they are old and gray.OMOYMV
    Super Trucker and PatAz like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree, we don't need more laws we need more maximum sentences.

send them to jail for any length of time it's like sending them to summer camp. 3 hots & a cot, free cable, free mesical, decent meals ...
    it should be no tv, cereal for breakfast & sandwitches 4 2 meals, need medical attention PAY FOR IT, we all have to. Make jail a place they don't want to come back to
    BugDude and sid1 like this.
    I love my Country but I fear my Government

Three guns to my one? I'm probably out my wallet at that point. I'm gutsy but I'm not stupid.

I see a comment on the article that says "Throw the book at them." Screw that. Tie them up in a corner and beat them with it. And pick a big one. Hardback. Unabridged.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I travel for work and carry anywhere my permit is valid (it is KY, so pretty good anywhere except a few states). I am very conscious of hotel security issues. It is a lousy situation, you are asleep in a strange place, you do not have that instinctive feel to move around like at home. I keep a flashlight and my firearm on the nightstand in a hotel. In a few places I have put a chair up under the door (I go some places that are "not so nice")
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

These comments are awfully close to home!

I earn my living on the road, too. Unfortunately, hotel living is a daily event for me.

It really irks me that one of the key places that I must use for my current project forbids any weapons. Also, they do an airport level screening of every person each time you enter their building.

I'm really looking forward to being able to carry regularly--following this project's end.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I love the comments on the web page.

Links