Close call with the cops this week - Page 2

Close call with the cops this week

This is a discussion on Close call with the cops this week within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Having a motion sensor light and not having it turned on is like carrying some .45 cartridges around with you but no gun to fire ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Close call with the cops this week

Distinguished Member
    Having a motion sensor light and not having it turned on is like carrying some .45 cartridges around with you but no gun to fire them with. Both useless. If need be, replace the sensor lights with some newer ones which have the ability to not turn on for small animals. Or just do like we do and leave our porch light on all night. It is darkness which the criminal feeds on (most of the time) so the more light, the less likely your house will be chosen. If you don't leave any lights on, it garners them a place to not be seen while trying to break in, steal outside stuff, etc.
    Last edited by accessbob; July 12th, 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: modify sentence as it was not formatted well.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

when is it not appropriate? not kidding

the fact is if its after a certain time.. by my standards.... i always am armed but not openly.. my bathrobes have deep pockets for a reason or my doggies are drooling by my side waiting to aggressively lick and snuggle any BG into submission..

(not meant to sound smart ass as i value some of your input. And i do know sometimes there are some smart ass posts and ******* matches..LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    first off you need to get the lighting fixed and get a porch light 5-10 seconds is a lot of time in a stressful situation. I would get a motion sensor light to save money so you never have to answer the door with a gun when it is inappropriate

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Having a motion sensor light and not having it turned on is like carrying some .45 cartridges around with you but no gun to fire them with. Both useless. If need be, replace the sensor lights with some newer ones which have the ability to not turn on for small animals. Or just do like we do and leave our porch light on all night. It is darkness which the criminal feeds on (most of the time) so the more light, the less likely your house will be chosen. If you don't leave any lights on, it garners them a place to not be seen while trying to break in, steal outside stuff, etc.
    +1 Well said

I have a motion sensor light in front, love it. We spend thousands on guns and ammo here, but for a $50-100 you can get a light that will prevent more crime than all those guns will. OP just needs to turn it on :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Hey Jerry - How do you know when there's a drummer at your door?

The knocking gets louder and he doesn't know when to come in.

What do you do if there is a bass player at your door?
    Pay for the pizza. Eventually they get the point and leave.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    +1 Well said

I have a motion sensor light in front, love it. We spend thousands on guns and ammo here, but for a $50-100 you can get a light that will prevent more crime than all those guns will. OP just needs to turn it on :)
    Very good response, and a great idea as well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    Hey Jerry - How do you know when there's a drummer at your door?

The knocking gets louder and he doesn't know when to come in.

What do you do if there is a bass player at your door?
    Pay for the pizza. Eventually they get the point and leave.
    HEY!

I play the drums & the bass guitar! I am the guy who keeps the rest of the pack in tempo. I also pack a Ruger LCP .380 when I am at my gigs. Since you just cannot trust anyone out there these days, especially the garage apartment across the alley from my garage that is notorious for housing drug dealers and I have to look at the place coming and going.

I think the OP did fine, it could have been much worse.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I like my security screen. Can't see in, and I can aim dead at your skull without you knowing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links