Almost drew my weapon tonight. On a LEO.......

Almost drew my weapon tonight. On a LEO.......

This is a discussion on Almost drew my weapon tonight. On a LEO....... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That would of been one hell of a headache had you fired. I must compliment you on your cool head and awareness. +1, good sir....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Almost drew my weapon tonight. On a LEO.......

That would of been one hell of a headache had you fired. I must compliment you on your cool head and awareness. +1, good sir.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Glad it had an uneventful outcome.

Make sure batteries are on the shopping list!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Glad it ended well, and I hope that wine helped with the nerves! Well done.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member
    Good on you for your SA (though I think the LEO needs to work on his), and I'm glad things didn't escalate.

I'm thinking OC spray should be a priority. Best defense against four-leggers , IMHO.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911247 View Post
    Maine is a windy place. I avoid OC usually, because it can easily be blown back into my eyes and effect me as well. I am a dog Lover. i worked at a training and boarding facility here for 3 years as lead handler. and i would absolutely hate to harm an animal...........but if it came down to me or him............it gonna be him. My 1911 is my OC spray haha
    Here's how I see it. I love dogs too, and I know they can get scared or confused if they think you may be threatening them or their people. And I'd much rather the pooch and I both get sprayed than the alternatives; me mauled and/or the dog dead.

Very cool heads prevailed... Good write up...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911247 View Post
    Sadly.......the town i live in has a lot of really stupid people. and a lot of really stupid gang bangers who horrifically buy pittbulls, and fight them.....In reality i would love to have a less than lethal solution for this but........if there is a aggressive dog near here.....its not because they are scared or confused. its because they intend to inflict severe damage upon you.

I had to shoot one last year when my sister came over to visit. She tried to walk to the store, and got attacked by a fighting dog that had escaped some thugs yard who lives a few blocks away.. She ended up with 37 stitches to her arm and face.....luckily she was only about 35 feet from my house when it happened and i was able to intervene. But around here....if there is a aggressive dog.....your in severe danger automatically. And i dont believe OC would do the trick, they are bred to take a hit and keep on fighting. I wish it was different. Pitts are amazing dogs.....but sadly a lot of the time they have amazingly stupid owners ya know
    That's a danged shame. I really hate people sometimes.

I've loved both of the pits I've had, including our newest buddy -he's the gentlest goofball ever-, and it makes me sad whenever people abuse these wonderful animals.

Im really glad to hear this turned out for the better. Im pleased that the LEO was cool about it. Im sure in some cases you probably would have had your tail handed to you then awarded with matching silver bracelettes and Im talking about if you reacted the exact same way and didnt shoot.

Regarding pitbulls, I think they should have a spot in our shooting community. What two living things are more misundersrood and often more compasionate than shooting enthusiasts and pitbulls?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Good example of how one never knows what'll occur, even on a simple walk down one's own street.

Sounds like both of you were handling it reasonably well. Time for new batteries, or a second light (if you're both heading out).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Anytime, anyplace! Glad all worked out as it should.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    It's a good thing your incident with your 1911 didn't turn into a 911 incident. If it would have, at least there would have been a cop around for a change. /sarcasm

Just an observation; never take your safety off until ready to fire. Especially while still 40% of the gun is still in the holster.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Very cool heads prevailed... Good write up...
    My thoughts, exactly.

Job well done, 1911247.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Just an observation; never take your safety off until ready to fire. Especially while still 40% of the gun is still in the holster.
    +1.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Great sit awareness.NOW!,how about leaving that safety on till you clear the holster(i.e.,Tex Scrubbner),and check them batteriesCool LEO also,some would have been a jerk about the sit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links