Deputies Raid wrong House: How would Defensive carry respond?

This is a discussion on Deputies Raid wrong House: How would Defensive carry respond? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LEO who conduct incompetent raids like this are themselves commiting a crime and should be treated like criminals by the offended homeowners and the judicial ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Deputies Raid wrong House: How would Defensive carry respond?

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array rammerjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,372
    LEO who conduct incompetent raids like this are themselves commiting a crime and should be treated like criminals by the offended homeowners and the judicial system.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

    Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array DukeoftheD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Valley of the Shadow of Death
    Posts
    202
    This has to stop! The police violated the constitution! What will be there punishment for such actions?! If the police have the resources to blow people's doors off and send SWAT teams into people's homes why don't they at the very least make sure the person they are looking for is there. It seems to me they could have watched the home and apprehended their suspect via traffic stop when he left if he was truly there. But how much fun would that be right? It's these actions that make people fear police instead of respect them. Its these type of actions that make people distrust police! From the initial reports it seems the police threw a charge on this man mostly likely simply to justify tazing him which they may have had no justification to do. Why didn't officers attempt to deescalate the situation? Was it because they came to the situation on level 10 already? Now this man has a felony or misdemeanor charge to fight. Will said charge affect his life to the point where he can't get a job or i ruined financially? This could turn this man from someone who contributes to our society through working and paying taxes etc to someone who can't get a job can't stay in certain places etc. These are the fruits of our misguided policies: police state, prisons for profit, the war on drugs more harm than good!

  4. #18
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    It boggles the mind that he could even be charged with resisting arrest, whether it holds up or not.





    ^^^It boggles my mind^^^^^^^^^^^^^


    That if a 3rd world mafia would have a hit out on me, they would get the correct adress, but our own illustrious jack boots can't get it right.

    Keystone cops at their finest
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  5. #19
    Senior Member Array RKflorida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deltona, Florida
    Posts
    774
    Once again our crack tactical - pseudo military swat/police can't read. Great at jumping and shooting but can't read. How this embarrassment can continue with the PD's doing nothing to correct it only shows the level of arrogance and stupidity of the LEO bosses.
    mcgyver210 likes this.

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    No I'm talking about Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department team along with LAPD SWAT. Those two teams need no justification since they essentially the best teams in the nation and have earned their right to exist. Now the smaller teams from small departments are the ones who would need more justification and part time teams.

    Yet that doesn't make them exempt from not doing their homework, this is sloppy work that could have end with fatalities on both sides. I'm sire things will be looked over and questions will be answered. Then it will be swept under the rug and things will go back to being normal.

    A tragedy will happen on a raid due to sloppy work and it will snowball from there. I think there will be a rash of wrong house raids that will get national attention in the future.


    ^^^^^^^Stupid botched jobs like this^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    should be justification to have them dis-banded.

    Sounds like they need Sgt. Highway in charge over there.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  7. #21
    New Member Array dlcarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    14
    Home invasions Have become very common where I live along the border. I just pray I never have a scenario like this occur.
    RKflorida and mcgyver210 like this.

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,254
    Over 20 years ago was subject of a no knock warrant. Right house right person. Phony charge.
    However it went ok it was clear this was no home invasion. No one got killed.
    I got a few bruises, it seems complying with instruction is not enough your still going to get your tail kick.
    Once it gets sorted out, you have done nothing wrong you will be amazed at the stuff they can charge you with. They use that as a weapon to shut you up . DA can file phony charges all month long if they want to shut you up and there is little you can do about it.

  9. #23
    Member Array DukeoftheD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Valley of the Shadow of Death
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Over 20 years ago was subject of a no knock warrant. Right house right person. Phony charge.
    However it went ok it was clear this was no home invasion. No one got killed.
    I got a few bruises, it seems complying with instruction is not enough your still going to get your tail kick.
    Once it gets sorted out, you have done nothing wrong you will be amazed at the stuff they can charge you with. They use that as a weapon to shut you up . DA can file phony charges all month long if they want to shut you up and there is little you can do about it.
    Church! One officer says hands up, the second says get on the ground, the third says hands behind your back, the fourth says stop resisting. Next thing you know you get charged with resisting, obstructing, and having a dog without a license for good measure. Now you are paying your lawyer buy the hour while the prosecutor throws charges at the wall. It doesn't matter what sticks because again your lawyer works by the hour. Next thing you know you are bankrupt getting a plea deal slammed down your throat. Our tax dollars at work...

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^It boggles my mind^^^^^^^^^^^^^


    That if a 3rd world mafia would have a hit out on me, they would get the correct adress, but our own illustrious jack boots can't get it right.

    Keystone cops at their finest
    But they had the right address. That is the home where the guy did at one time live.

    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Once again our crack tactical - pseudo military swat/police can't read. Great at jumping and shooting but can't read. How this embarrassment can continue with the PD's doing nothing to correct it only shows the level of arrogance and stupidity of the LEO bosses.
    And what precisely were they supposed to read that would have prevented it? Did they guy send them a change of address card?

    Yeah, they screwed the pooch on this one but this is not a classical "hit the wrong house" scenario. They had a warrant to hit that house. That house is the house where the guy actually did at one time live. So the ultimate outcome? Not sure what California law is on it but I imagine they will charge him with failing to do a change of address with motor vehicles too.

    Does anyone know when the shooting the guy is wanted for occured? I would be much more understanding of this screw up if it was a within a few hours of them hitting the house. If it was something like a week before I would say they have absolutely no excuse.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  11. #25
    VIP Member Array Secret Spuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    No I'm talking about Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department team along with LAPD SWAT. Those two teams need no justification since they essentially the best teams in the nation and have earned their right to exist. Now the smaller teams from small departments are the ones who would need more justification and part time teams.

    Yet that doesn't make them exempt from not doing their homework, this is sloppy work that could have end with fatalities on both sides. I'm sire things will be looked over and questions will be answered. Then it will be swept under the rug and things will go back to being normal.

    A tragedy will happen on a raid due to sloppy work and it will snowball from there. I think there will be a rash of wrong house raids that will get national attention in the future.
    I dont know that the LASD, and the LAPD have the best swat teams in the country... Personally I believe that most SWAT type teams should be part time. Or at least be used for other duties when not on a call out. IMO the over use of these men and women is more the administrators trying to get their monies worth. In fact using a sledge hammer when a pair of pliers would work better, and safer.
    atctimmy likes this.

  12. #26
    Senior Member Array theskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    800
    Stick a GPS tracker on the guys car and catch him getting out of his car. The problem is these cops get off on these tactics. I sort of doubt they do it to the Crypts or Bloods homes.

    "To serve and protect" ??

  13. #27
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,950
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    No I'm talking about Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department team along with LAPD SWAT. Those two teams need no justification since they essentially the best teams in the nation and have earned their right to exist. Now the smaller teams from small departments are the ones who would need more justification and part time teams.

    Yet that doesn't make them exempt from not doing their homework, this is sloppy work that could have end with fatalities on both sides. I'm sire things will be looked over and questions will be answered. Then it will be swept under the rug and things will go back to being normal.

    A tragedy will happen on a raid due to sloppy work and it will snowball from there. I think there will be a rash of wrong house raids that will get national attention in the future.
    LASD SEB member, huh?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  14. #28
    VIP Member Array blitzburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    3,738
    I keep seeing more and more stories like this.

    I don't partake in illegal activities, so if LE were to come and storm into my house without identifying themselves as LEO, I'm going to assume it's BG and things might go very badly.
    mlr1m and mcgyver210 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

  15. #29
    Senior Member Array theskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I keep seeing more and more stories like this.

    I don't partake in illegal activities, so if LE were to come and storm into my house without identifying themselves as LEO, I'm going to assume it's BG and things might go very badly.

    Quite a few break-ins are guys pretending to be cops

  16. #30
    Senior Member Array Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    501
    Any time this happens, everyone involved, from the top down, needs to be sued to the point of financially ruining all involved. This is nothing but gestapo tactics, and has to stop - yesterday.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can yousue the police if they raid you and find nothing
,
home defense raid wrong address
,
la county sherriffs killed raid wrong house
,
lapd raid wrong home lawyer served a search warrant to wrong address
,
los angeles cop raid wrong house
,

minnesota raid on wrong house, killing dog

,

police raid wrong house 41 times

,

raid home defense

,

raid home defense cost

,
suing police department for raiding wrong home in new jersey
,
swat raid wrong house
,
what is a gsm capias warrant
Click on a term to search for related topics.