Deputies Raid wrong House: How would Defensive carry respond?

This is a discussion on Deputies Raid wrong House: How would Defensive carry respond? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All I can say is all involved in this Home Invasion are Criminals & should be treated as such but none of them will ever ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Deputies Raid wrong House: How would Defensive carry respond?

All I can say is all involved in this Home Invasion are Criminals & should be treated as such but none of them will ever pay for their crime.

Sorry if anyone tries to bust in my door they will be considered a threat & treated as such unless I am 100% they are not. Before anyone says the invaders are superman invincible & I will be murdered for defending my self I know I will be murdered.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranch23 View Post
    Go to injusticeeverywhere.com and read it for a few days, you will never look at any cop the same again.

^^^^^^^^^^^This would be equated^^^^^^^^^^

to painting all of humanity with a broad brush and saying just because I read a few stories about some criminals, we should throw everyone in the country out with the bathwater.
    Not all police activity is criminal, but is sure seems as though in some areas of the country, they are acting with more and more impunity.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by ranch23 View Post
    Go to injusticeeverywhere.com and read it for a few days, you will never look at any cop the same again.
    Some of those can be quite entertaining. I forget the name of one site, something like policeabuse, that had some great stories. There were a couple of guys posting about some of my friends on my old department. Lets just say that some of the stories on some of these site are well removed from reality. Some may be true also, but one should always consider the source.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This would be equated^^^^^^^^^^

to painting all of humanity with a broad brush and saying just because I read a few stories about some criminals, we should throw everyone in the country out with the bathwater.
    Not all police activity is criminal, but is sure seems as though in some areas of the country, they are acting with more and more impunity.
    The real problem today is too many police agencies along with their courts act & are above the laws they are sworn to uphold. For every story that is made public how many are not made public since the ones upholding the laws can do whatever they want in many cases to justify their actions?

Citizens = Guilty until proven innocent. If it is your word against the Good Guys you better have 10 - 1 witnesses or video audio evidence because their word is taken over yours otherwise.

All Government agents = Innocent until proven Guilty. We are all supposed to just trust they wont cross the Very Thin Blue Line.

I used to think about a real possibility of a Home Invasion by the normal criminal element & how I need to prepare for it. Now I also have to worry about the Good Guys trying to bust in which could cause a hesitation in my response time due to not knowing if the Home Invaders are Good or Bad? One thing for sure both will intentionally Hurt or Murder you if you defend your self against them. If it in fact is the Good Guys you will most likely face bogus trumped up charges as an intimidation tactic you have to defend with your $$$$s as part of the damage control for what they did wrong.

So you are either Traumatized, hurt or worse in someway then charged with whatever they see fit.

They say we made a mistake but you shouldn't have defended yourself so now you got what you deserve Shut-Up. Oh & nothing near equal will ever happen to any of them as punishment.

I know it sounds Harsh but how can any of us trust a system that protects it own wrong doing & even Illegal Acts to an extent they have nothing to worry about as to consequences for their actions.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

I'd move to a better neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    I will just as soon as I win the Lottery.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I will just as soon as I win the Lottery.

Michael
    Better neighborhood aren't always more expensive.

I live in a great neighborhood with a very low crime rate and it's nowhere near the most expensive part of St. Louis.

I have a school in my back yard and 7 driveways with police cruisers in my subdivision which probably helps. 8-)

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    with compliance. and after that, a very good lawyer.
    This.
    The way my house is set up they can kick the door down and start yelling "cops,sherriff,FBI" before I can "react" so to speak.So I'll know who they are before they know where I am.

Bad people go to Good Neighborhoods to do bad things LOL

As for Good Guys they don't care what neighborhood it is, if they intend on invading they will no matter where you live.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    Bad people go to Good Neighborhoods to do bad things LOL
    See my previous post about police presence in the neighborhood. I'm assuming if the police are raiding a house my neighbor would have committed a pretty serious crime. And since he's a state trooper I don't see that happening in the near future. (Other side is an elderly couple.)

Sounds like a REAL SCREW UP,,,,, who ever was in charge of this raid SHOULD BE FIRED....
    but BECAUSE OF THE UNION ,,,,, PROBABLY WILL NOT,,,, could have been worse,,,,,
    PEOPLE & OFFICERS COULD have been put DOWN. Two months is a long time to ass u me
    the BG still lived at the address.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    A few elitists shouldn't rule the many.
    Better to have a 380 in your pocket than a 45 at HOME.
    When seconds count, police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Secret Spuk, get real! If this was a controlled entry, what is a dynamic entry? Come in with guns blazing and kill every living thing ? There is no excuse for this. Ever heard of the fire dept. getting the wrong house? The blame doesn't rest completely on those who made the entry to the home, this was a planned event, many people were involved. Mistakes started at the top and went all the way to the entry team. No excuse for this. All involved should charged and brought to trial. I hope the people sue everybody involved and get 100 million dollars. An award like that would stop this crap from happening again, and if you consider this is "good police work" I hope your house is next. Then let us know your opinion.

Sir...

I have on other threads explained the difference between a controlled entry, and a dynamic entry. These are two different tools, each with their own place in police work. I dont recall anything in the artical about coming in with gun's blaizing. This wasnt a wrong house scenario. (Even the fire dept gets it wrong once in a while) While it was to some extent a planned event my opinion is there probably wasnt a whole ot of people involved. I stand by my statement that this happened the way it was supposed to happen. I believe the police investigators acted professionally, and legally.

My origonal post trashed the Officers involved with this incident. I was wrong. After doing some carefull reading and a bit of research I believe I got a much more clear picture of what happened. It's easy to trash the police when we dont like the outcome of their work. There have been and sadly will continue to be police using excessive force, and abusing citizens rights. I hate this as much as anyone. I believe that some departments and their officers are out of control. I think they should be held resonsible, and in some cases prosicuted. This just is'nt such a case in my opinion.

See my previous post about police presence in the neighborhood. I'm assuming if the police are raiding a house my neighbor would have committed a pretty serious crime. And since he's a state trooper I don't see that happening in the near future. (Other side is an elderly couple.)
    Not Necessarily since it is becoming more common for them to Invade the wrong addresses etc. You live in a Fantasy world if you really believe you are somehow safer living next to a LEO. I have lived in the same neighborhood most of my life & I can say we had more speeding on our street, illegal parking etc the more LEOs lived in neighborhood.

We even had Speed Bumps until a LEOs wife thru a fit saying they hurt her car and the city removed them. What no one seemed to realize is she hit them at 40 or more mph.

Incidentally our neighborhood has had very few issues in over 20yrs & luckily our locals don't have a reputation for invading peoples homes.

Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    Pitiful, land of the free? I think not. It must be nice to have a job with next to zero accountability and pretty much immune to lawsuits.
    Huh?? I cant think of many people that get sued more than LEO's. I've been sued a few times. Never did a thing wrong, and the suits were all dropped before even making it to a trial. Still, its a total waste of my time to even have to think about it. I surely dont feel immune to lawsuits. People sue LEO's (and the attached municipality) all the time because they want a quick buck in a settlement.

My most recent true story:

I'm responding to a domestic violence call. I have to arrest a guy for whipping his wife. The media shows the video of me grabbing him, wrapping him up and dropping him to the ground. The "snap" you hear on the video as his arm breaks is quite loud. I get sloshed all over the media for brutality. Lawyers line up to take the guys case.

UNTIL: the public sees the first part of the video. The part that less than 2 seconds prior shows him punching me in the side of my head as I tell him to turn around and place his hands behind his back.

Yup. I was sued. Yup, the knucklehead and his attorney just wanted the city to settle so they could both get an easy pay day. I got lucky when the city didnt settle. Once they found out it would go to trial, it all went away.

It's a shame. LEO's are very far from immune to lawsuits. Granted some are absolutely warranted, but most are quite frivolous. It's what happens when a greedy knucklehead meets an overzelous attorney.

Zero accountability? Not even close. LEO's are in the public eye more than just about any other profession, and yes, are held accountable for their actions. You may not agree with what you THINK the outcome is (ya know, the outcome you read about in an online news article), but I assure you there is accountability. Accountability through the chain of command, the criminal court system, the civil court system etc...
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Huh?? I cant think of many people that get sued more than LEO's. I've been sued a few times. Never did a thing wrong, and the suits were all dropped before even making it to a trial. Still, its a total waste of my time to even have to think about it. I surely dont feel immune to lawsuits. People sue LEO's (and the attached municipality) all the time because they want a quick buck in a settlement.

My most recent true story:

I'm responding to a domestic violence call. I have to arrest a guy for whipping his wife. The media shows the video of me grabbing him, wrapping him up and dropping him to the ground. The "snap" you hear on the video as his arm breaks is quite loud. I get sloshed all over the media for brutality. Lawyers line up to take the guys case.

UNTIL: the public sees the first part of the video. The part that less than 2 seconds prior shows him punching me in the side of my head as I tell him to turn around and place his hands behind his back.

Yup. I was sued. Yup, the knucklehead and his attorney just wanted the city to settle so they could both get an easy pay day. I got lucky when the city didnt settle. Once they found out it would go to trial, it all went away.

It's a shame. LEO's are very far from immune to lawsuits. Granted some are absolutely warranted, but most are quite frivolous. It's what happens when a greedy knucklehead meets an overzelous attorney.

Zero accountability? Not even close. LEO's are in the public eye more than just about any other profession, and yes, are held accountable for their actions. You may not agree with what you THINK the outcome is (ya know, the outcome you read about in an online news article), but I assure you there is accountability. Accountability through the chain of command, the criminal court system, the civil court system etc...

Tell us how much of your personal money you loose, How much "unpaid" time off work you have, How much un-reimbursed money you personally pay out for your defense even if found Not Guilty & how much you pay personally of any money awarded in any settlement etc etc.....

Doesn't matter if you are Guilty or not of the accusations unless you have to endure the exact same consequences as others it isn't comparable IMO...

But one thing I do agree with you on is we live in a very litigious society now days were frivolous law suits are common place. But as a business owner I worry almost daily about law suits because if there is a settlement I will pay not all the tax payers.

I say this allot but Fair is Fair & Unfair is Unfair.

When Good Guys break in private homes either by Lies, mistake doesn't matter what the excuse they are no longer the Good Guys & should be held accountable for their actions & aftermath. Also no matter if the invaders are wounded or worse the real victims should have 100% immunity from any real or trumped up charges as long as the LEOs are in the wrong no matter the excuse they use.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links