Zombie Defense Prep

This is a discussion on Zombie Defense Prep within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll start with this one in case the zombies come in waves...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Zombie Defense Prep

I'll start with this one in case the zombies come in waves
    Attached Images
    pistola and 45ACP4ever like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

I like the idea of a silenced 22 rifle. Less likely to attract other walkers and more rounds per pound than other cartridges.

Michael

Zombie defense…? I;ll just give my kids a bunch of Pepsi and let them annoy them away.

Or…… any one of these - Guns - a set on Flickr
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    I think I’ve got most potential Zombie scenarios covered.

Zombies behind Cover: DSA SA58 Para-FAL

CQB Zombies: Colt LE6920 W/Trijicon TriPower and Surefire X300

Last Ditch, Zombies break through barriers: Walther PPQ W/Surefire X400 and Benelli M1S90

Zombies at a distance: REM700 XCR Tactical with 6.5-20X Leupold MK4

Zombie EDC: 2nd Walther PPQ and Zombie Backup Walther PPS

Like I said, I'm pretty much set for Zombies, but what really frightens me are clowns!

Chuck
    You have excellent tastes, sir.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member
    Don't forget your ZombieMax ammo. Ordinary stuff might not stop "um. What a great thread.

My son saw some Zombie Max on the shelf at Bass Pro. He said "We have to buy a gun that shoots this stuff!"
    I told him to tell that to his mother.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I think if that happens, I'll just pound some nails through my baseball bat and run out the door like hayayayayayaayya and make weird noises as I smash my way across the street to walmart...why walmart? Because if I break the mirror in the back the curse will be lifted, silly.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    You cannot compare the Georgian calender to the Mayan one, that's comparing apples to corn. The misinterpretation of the mayan long count calendar is that it ends on December 21, 2012, when in fact it is just rolling over to a new era (like the year 2000 remember the Y2K scare?) see NASA - The Great 2012 Doomsday Scare for a better explaination
    Killjoy...
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I was going to stock up on brains, but it seems there are not many around these parts.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Remember, you can only kill zombies with a shot to the brain. So you guys with the handguns better be practicing;-)

I like the .22 with a scope/red dot and a lots of boxes of 525 rounds.

And don't forget to stock up on twinkies. You just might find Woody next to you helping you out, and you might want to repay him!

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new Zombie Overlords.

(sorry... someone hadda say it)
    I think they'd be a big improvement over our current lawyer-based politicians!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Remember, you can only kill zombies with a shot to the brain. So you guys with the handguns better be practicing;-)

I like the .22 with a scope/red dot and a lots of boxes of 525 rounds.

And don't forget to stock up on twinkies. You just might find Woody next to you helping you out, and you might want to repay him!
    Better yet, Emma Stone.

BTW, I've been doing a bit of thinking since I started this post and the more I think about it, the more I also like the idea of a .22 as my main zombie gun. As we all know, it takes just one good shot to the head to drop 'em in their tracks and in most cases there isn't too much left up there in those zombie skulls anyway. From what I've seen, it also appears the walking dead like to travel in groups. That means I'll need quick follow up shots and (possibly) lots of them. I'll also need to be able to move about pretty regularly, or at least be prepared to and it seems that for my purposes, a good .22 rifle should fit the bill nicely. They are generally light weight, inexpensive, have literally no recoil (quick follow up shots), ammo is available practically everywhere and you can carry a LOT of it in a small space.

Now for the tricky part where everyone will have to agree to disagree... the gun itself. Personally, I like the M&P 15-22. They are accurate, carry a lot of ammo in magazines for quick reloads and most important, I already own one! Throw on a suppressor and it's like shooting a pellet gun, plus the zombies will never hear you until it's too late. BTW, can zombies still hear if they don't have ears? Anyway, as a second choice I'd go with a Ruger 10/22. I had one for many years and it was an excellent little rifle, but the S&W is my new favorite rimfire. Of course I'll still be holding onto the reast of my zombie arsenal in case one of those other disaster scenarios (hurricane, earthquake, social collapse, etc.) plays out. I'm simply adding another tool to the survival box.
    Last edited by rachilders; August 26th, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

For around the home Zombie defense I have a 10/22 with a Butler Creek stock and barrel and a MarkII with a dot scope. They worked well for me when I shot the Chevy Truck Sportsman Team Challenge. They knocked down little steel plates smaller than a zombie skull out to a hundred yards. I also have an old Winchester .22 bolt action with iron sights. I figure use the .22s on the undead and save the more powerful stuff for hunting and self defense from the living if that becomes necessary.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I've been thinking about it and a great combo might be a Ruger 10/22 with integrated supressor for Zombie defense.
    Quiet enough for the long shots using the hyper velocity ammo
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I've been thinking about it and a great combo might be a Ruger 10/22 with integrated supressor for Zombie defense.
    Quiet enough for the long shots using the hyper velocity ammo
    I think that would be an excellent choice, plus, you could always use it to obtain larger weapons if necessary.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links