Zombie Defense Prep

Zombie Defense Prep

This is a discussion on Zombie Defense Prep within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's mid summer, the election is heating up almost as fast as the weather here in Texas and everyone seems to be caught up in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Zombie Defense Prep

Zombie Defense Prep

It's mid summer, the election is heating up almost as fast as the weather here in Texas and everyone seems to be caught up in the current events of the day. OTOH, December will be here before we know it and we all know what that means... ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE time. I'm not talking about the zombies wandering the streets after the election in November. No, I'm talking Mayan doomsday, return of the walking dead (did I mention the election in November?), Michael Jackson "Thriller" stuff. Now is the time to plan for those shuffling hoards of mindless minions out to destroy your brains (did I mention the election in November?) leaving you and yours bleeding shells of your former selves.

While you may not all believe there are walking dead already among us - have you REALLY looked at Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi - my motto is always better safe than sorry. Just in case the dire predictions do come true, I was wondering what you, the members of this illustrious forum, would resort to using when it come to defending yourselves and loved ones. Your favorite firearms are preferred but other weapons are more than welcome. As an aside, I would guess those same weapons would work just as well in other emergency situations like civil unrest or social breakdown during long term natural disasters like in New Orleans during the Katrina fiasco. BTW, feel free to post a few pix of your favorite zombie or bad guy eliminator if you have one.
    Last edited by rachilders; August 1st, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
    OD* likes this.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I'd probably start with one of these if reasonable conversation failed.

001.JPG003.jpg
    LaraCroft10 likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

That's why I have my S&W M&P15 Sport, and my Glock 21. It's also my hunting combo.

I think I’ve got most potential Zombie scenarios covered.

Zombies behind Cover: DSA SA58 Para-FAL

CQB Zombies: Colt LE6920 W/Trijicon TriPower and Surefire X300

Last Ditch, Zombies break through barriers: Walther PPQ W/Surefire X400 and Benelli M1S90

Zombies at a distance: REM700 XCR Tactical with 6.5-20X Leupold MK4

Zombie EDC: 2nd Walther PPQ and Zombie Backup Walther PPS

Like I said, I'm pretty much set for Zombies, but what really frightens me are clowns!

Chuck
    mano3, OD*, WHEC724 and 3 others like this.
    homo homini lupus est

Only have the Glock 23 Gen 4 right now and planning on a couple of thoes 22 roung mags. Plans for a Remington 870 in the near futire but due to successful negotiations with the wife over buying an AR, that might come first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    I'm pretty much set for Zombies, but what really frightens me are clowns!
    Clown appocolypse? *shudders in terror*
    W9HDG, mano3 and ruger91 like this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Sks is my zombie gun of choice as of now.
    mano3 and DamnitBob like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Only have the Glock 23 Gen 4 right now and planning on a couple of thoes 22 roung mags. Plans for a Remington 870 in the near futire but due to successful negotiations with the wife over buying an AR, that might come first.

Clown appocolypse? *shudders in terror*

I just had a flashback to "Killer Klowns From Outer Space". Remember that movie from back in the '80's? BTW, did I mention congress and the election in November?
    Attached Images
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    I just had a flashback to "Killer Klowns From Outer Space". Remember that movie from back in the '80's?
    haha Yes! I love the fast food resturaunt scene when the kid goes outside and the clown hiding the big hammer behind his back.

I always cheered for the clown though
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by 1911247 View Post
    This whole Myan Doomsday hooplah is crazy. And anyone who can do simple math can figure this out :-D Its simple.

There has been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar Created it in 45BC.
    Without the extra day every four years, today would be august 1st, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year....so technically the world should have ended 1 year ago!!!!

Simple math..........simple answer. IS the world going to end? NO. Do crazy people believe it will? YES
    Maybe not the world, but sometimes I have little hope for humanity. I love the doomsday prophecy that was supposed to happen last year but when it didnt apparently the math was wrong. My partner and I were working on the original date and were going around telling people to be prepared for zombies if we are still all here later.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911247 View Post
    This whole Myan Doomsday hooplah is crazy. And anyone who can do simple math can figure this out :-D Its simple.

There has been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar Created it in 45BC.
    Without the extra day every four years, today would be august 1st, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year....so technically the world should have ended 1 year ago!!!!

Simple math..........simple answer. IS the world going to end? NO. Do crazy people believe it will? YES
    You cannot compare the Georgian calender to the Mayan one, that's comparing apples to corn. The misinterpretation of the mayan long count calendar is that it ends on December 21, 2012, when in fact it is just rolling over to a new era (like the year 2000 remember the Y2K scare?) see NASA - The Great 2012 Doomsday Scare for a better explaination
    Fausty and Naufragia like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Since you asked about zombie weapons in general, don't forget mele weapons. Everyone has a bat, right? A machette would probably be even better, but for an actual zombie apocolypse, you really can't beat a samurai sword! Perpetually sharp, can't run out of ammo, decent range for a mele weapon, no sound to draw more zombies to you, and you never run out of ammo.

Along the same strategic lines for longterm survival in a zombie apocolypse, a silenced 10/22 with some drum magazines. The bigger guns are great, but they are loud and heavy. The .22LR is ideal for it's light weight and small size, allowing carrying of lots of ammo. A .22 is more than adequate for scrambling brains and making the undead dead-dead.

Sorry, no pictures, I'm at work right now.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member
    I, for one, welcome our new Zombie Overlords.

(sorry... someone hadda say it)
    Ionracas and marcclarke like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I do hope everyone knows this IS a tongue in cheek post! OTOH, you just never know and there are other disasters that are completely within the realm of possibility. Anyway, in case the bottom does fall out and we are left with nothing but our own devices to ensure our personal survival, I do have a few weapons put away. Aside from a stash of ammo, firearms and other goodies, we keep a supply of food, water. medical supplies and other stuff in a secure location.

BTW, I agree that a .22 to the brain will stop a zombie just as well as a shotgun blast and it's a LOT easier to carry 500 rounds of .22LR than 500 12g shells. Still, for those other disaster scenarios where I may want a bit more bang than a .22 provides, I have a few guns that I consider my go-to weapons. I included a few photo's and essentially, the Saiga is for beyond 50 yards, the SBR is a CQ fall back weapon while the Sig and 98 Mauser bayonet are last resort, up close and personal defense. Also, the two small blades are pistol bayonets made by Ka-Bar. I got 'em 'cause they set me back $15 for the pair and they fit on a rail. The blades are also VERY nice 3" edges and make nice carry/pocket knives themselves. Honestly, I would probably never actually put one on a pistol, but they work well in my 9" SBR as a cutting and slashing weapon if it ever became necessary.
    Attached Images
    sigma likes this.

While you may not all believe there are walking dead already among us
    the dead walk among us all day long and then they come alive at 5:00

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    NASA - The Great 2012 Doomsday Scare for a better explaination
    yup. humans seem to thrive on a speculation of the date of the apocalypse. i believe it says in the christian bible something about not reckoning the end times? or something to that effect. i haven't read that book for 20 years. aaaanyways, i don't buy any apocalypse stuff, but the idea of this thread is pretty funny, and i like zombie movies...

melee weapons...yeah.

Gladius Machete
    Ionracas likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links