Defensive Carry banner

Central Florida Home break-ins

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  brownsbacker 
#1 ·
Just received the information that Orange county (Orlando primarily) home break-ins are up 20% over last year, so far. What is more disturbing is that the break-ins are not affected by the owners being home. And get this, the prime time for break-ins is between 10AM and 2PM. Makes you want to rethink your home carry / defense policy.

#2 ·
The break ins that happened on my street and nearby last year in Polk County were all between 11 and I think 3 - which is exactly why I keep my gun on my hip in my house. My car is often out of sight and it could easily look like no one is here. It's also why before I had my permit I always brought my gun in the car whei left, I was always worried about coming home and sup rising someone here.

#7 ·
I live due east of you on the coast..

Like many my wife and I both work, which leaves our home unoccupied in the daytime. With having two dogs outside, I always felt like a security system was not needed, but with the ever rising amount of break-in, we recently installed Safe Touch, make sure all guns (other than the one I’m carrying) are locked up in the gun safe, and also stated to use the bank safe deposit box.

#8 ·
It's happening all over FL, a gang out of FT Lauderdale area roaming around. They knock at the door to see if anyone is home, then enter thru the rear. Called pillow-case bandits by LEOs because they use your pillow cases to haul your stuff away. The common factor here is "when no one is home"! Owning a gun isn't the answer when you're not home. Floridians love sliding glass doors; so do BGs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.