Warning to would be robbers

This is a discussion on Warning to would be robbers within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; image001.jpg Print and slap on the front door....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Warning to would be robbers

image001.jpg

Print and slap on the front door.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Funny.....and to some extent true. Locks keep honest people honest.
    QKShooter and nerdyvirgin like this.

Pros and cons, IMO. It's a feel-good, surely, but whether it's actually achieving the intended goal is open to question. I'd think robbers that enter such a home would be far more willing to come in blasting, if they're forewarned they're about (or very likely) to meet gunfire. Personally, I'd prefer them to underestimate the target.
    rammerjammer and First Sgt like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

^^I've been wondering about things like this... just how innocent do you want to look though? do you want "save the whales" stickers and peace signs decorated throughout your cars or home? or do you want to have NRA stickers and a "don't tread on me" flag outside (local house has one ha)? What do you guys think would be a good middle ground to where you don't look like a target for a random burglar but also don't look like a threat to one that is ready to shoot?

When the Tornado destroyed Tuscaloosa last year we lived right on the edge of the rampage and had some damage (stupid tree decided my house should be a convertible) I put a "you loot I shoot" sign that I spray painted on my front yard. It was interesting to say the least.
    ArmyMan and finnman1 like this.

Comes down to each their own....

Some believe such signs/flags deter home invasions.......

Some believe such signs/flags invite home invasions.......

Food for thought many posters on this forum have stated that no weapons signs at businesses invite criminals. Seems a sign saying one is armed would deter criminals..... Just saying.......

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    When the Tornado destroyed Tuscaloosa last year we lived right on the edge of the rampage and had some damage (stupid tree decided my house should be a convertible) I put a "you loot I shoot" sign that I spray painted on my front yard. It was interesting to say the least.
    I always wondered:

If your home and car are trashed and you're ordered to evacuate to a crisis shelter which is a legal gun-free zone, like a local school....what do you do with your gun?

I personally don't like the signs that imply there may be a firearm inside,IMHO A lot of burglars will just watch your house til you leave for work etc and then break in and look for your gun/guns to steal
    joker1, rammerjammer and RichB70 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I personally don't like the signs that imply there may be a firearm inside,IMHO A lot of burglars will just watch your house til you leave for work etc and then break in and look for your gun/guns to steal
    boy that would be great, they better eye the neighbors too, they're a bunch of leathernecks that like weapons too and we have a good ole time talking weapons, and do our yards together.

Counter+terrorists+never+seemed+to+be+too+good+at+following+_62d3acbbe276af4e9bfc3a13b3c224b0.jpg

Counter terrorists never seemed to be too good at following orders

I'm willing to err on the side of it being a precaution. If it's a 'professional' burglar, as opposed to a theft of convenience, probably nothing you can do about it anyway. Besides, if they have truly been casing my house out, they will have seen me leaving for the range with different, uh, bundles, at least once a week.
    But, I'm willing to bet if it's just someone searching for open windows and doors, they'll be far less willing to risk it. And, if either group decides to break in, they better bring some good tools to break into my Liberty, anyway. Oh, and get past the two dogs and home alarm.
    It's not the quiet guy I'm scared of. It's the guy slamming a machete down on the end of his desk screaming that he's gonna kill the next person who sneezes. Or something along those lines.

Sign is racist, needs to be printed in more languages.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Sign is racist, needs to be printed in more languages.
    Luckily, the pistol is pretty universal.

Putting their severed head on a pike out front works pretty well around here.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The bravado of such signs is lame in my opinion. They will do more harm than good and possibly invite a break in.

You have just advertised that there is something even more valuable in the home than the typical home furnishings.

I really question the mentality of those who want to advertise their guns to the world.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links