Prepping for the aproaching Hurricaine

This is a discussion on Prepping for the aproaching Hurricaine within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Isaac is still several days away, but looks like it could be a direct hit. I'm already filling up water jugs, filling my gas cans, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Prepping for the aproaching Hurricaine

Prepping for the aproaching Hurricaine

Isaac is still several days away, but looks like it could be a direct hit. I'm already filling up water jugs, filling my gas cans, checking my battery stock and ready-to-eat food stock. As for firearms, I'm thinking rifle and handgun combo: Marlin 1894c in .357 and Ruger Police Service Six in .357. I've got a ton of .357 and .38 defensive ammo and can use both in either weapon. Of course, I have a ton of 9mm defensive ammo and a bunch of mags for the Ruger P95. Only having to take one lot of ammo for both rifle and pistol has a lot of appeal.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Yes hurricanes. The only thing I don't miss from the Tampa Bay area. Stay safe.

Can't do it too early!

Administrator
    This is a pretty neat item. Not too expensive for folks in areas where you may need to stock a lot of temporary water for a potentially extended natural type disaster.

You can buy one from our new DC forum sponsor...Cheaper Than Dirt.

pgrass101 and Rock and Glock like this.

It's predicted to be a cat 1 right? I saw a web update earlier but haven't watched the news. I may bottle some water in case we lose power since we're on a well, but otherwise unless it looks meaner I'm not going to sweat it. My main concern is rain - we're still so flooded out here I've given up wearing shoes, sick of putting on wet shoes, now I put them on after I get to town. My driveway is barely passable now...I hate rainy season.

Make sure the supply of any prescription meds is good for a few days.

Got TP?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

What amazed me before Ike was the different outlook on things here than the Mid-Atlantic region. Back in Maryland before a big winter storm people stocked up on bread, milk, and toilet paper. Here in Texas before Ike everyone was buying beer, margarita mix, and tortilla chips.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    What amazed me before Ike was the different outlook on things here than the Mid-Atlantic region. Back in Maryland before a big winter storm people stocked up on bread, milk, and toilet paper. Here in Texas before Ike everyone was buying beer, margarita mix, and tortilla chips.
    There you go - now you know why you never heard the expression "put a big Maryland smile on your face."

It's all a matter of perspective. Is it a problem, or an opportunity?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'm headed to Tampa on Saturday. I really hope my 6:30 AM flight out on Monday is soon enough!

Godspeed, all you Florida folk.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Moderator
    I would have food that you can eat cold, water and your .357 combo. Huricane Ivan left us without water for almost 2 weeks and it was a class 2 by the time it got this far inland. Our bathtub had slowly leaked all of the water out. A plastic bag the size of the bathtub would have come in real handy. Now we have several collapsable 5 gallon water jugs.
    QKShooter likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Make sure you "ziplock" your important papers.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Grew up in Florida, hurricane party anyone?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Last night Gene Norman (formerly of national hurrican center) on KHOU was saying you all might dodge a bullet so to speak. They have another model that predicts that blocking high pressure system moving West and pushing the storm more toward us over here.
    Pretty much the entire gulf coast could be in play now.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Best of luck to all of those in the path, hopefully you are prepared and nothing happens. I don't have to worry much about hurricanes although it would be nice to get some of the residual rain.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links