Meth heads got the wrong house; Mine!

This is a discussion on Meth heads got the wrong house; Mine! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You know you are having a bad when the empty house you were planning to burglarize is actually occupied by an armed LEO who has ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Meth heads got the wrong house; Mine!

VIP Member
    You know you are having a bad when the empty house you were planning to burglarize is actually occupied by an armed LEO who has arrested you before.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Hehe. Did they know you lived there or were they just looking for an easy rob?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Awesome man! It would have been great to hear he got the brakes beat off of him but still a great read. Anytime you want to move here just call me! :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Good job, being an LEO has its advantages! Couldn't you detain them?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    mmmmmmmm...... Rhubarb pie!
    ncsteveh likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Good news and bad this morning. Good news is there were no problems out here in this part of the rural county. Bad news is these idiots didn't get caught doing anything.

I appreciate all the good words, but I really didn't do anything special. I believe most here would have done the same, or more, lol.

I really wanted to stick my boot up his rear as he turned to leave, but the problem is that up to this point, he did not technically do anything wrong, although I could have technically charged him with attempt to break in, it would be a very weak charge.

The wife is at home now, and is on alert. She knows what to do.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Good news and bad this morning. Good news is there were no problems out here in this part of the rural county. Bad news is these idiots didn't get caught doing anything.

I appreciate all the good words, but I really didn't do anything special. I believe most here would have done the same, or more, lol.

I really wanted to stick my boot up his rear as he turned to leave, but the problem is that up to this point, he did not technically do anything wrong, although I could have technically charged him with attempt to break in, it would be a very weak charge.

The wife is at home now, and is on alert. She knows what to do.
    I think you did great. But, I do kinda wish you had had a good 'reason' to... convince them that they were in the wrong neighborhood.

I am happy to hear that nothing went wrong other than their bothering you, but I wouldn't recommend relaxing too much for a little while; you never know when they'll get doped up and decide that the "[expletive] who ran them off the other day/week needs to be taught a lesson".

I'm sure you can handle it, but... you and your missus keep your eyes open. I hope everything stays calm for you.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    You showed WAY more restraint than I would have. Guess their lucky you weren't in the mood for target practice.

Heh... Nice work. I still prefer the eating machine approach for dummies like that. It's not worth my time or stress level to give them a butt chewing... That's what the ticked off pitbull waiting at my side is for. Dogs have an uncanny ability to tell who means what business. With someone with no harm intended she's playful and expecting back scratches. With the people who seem to have bad plans, she gets amped up right quick. All I have to do is give her the ok word and she'll go to work and do the butt chewing for me. ;-p
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You know you are having a bad when the empty house you were planning to burglarize is actually occupied by an armed LEO who has arrested you before.
    For a rational person that would be a sign that something in your life needs to change. Of course meth head and rational don't seem to get along to well.

To the tune of the State Farm song...

"Like a good neighbor...Glockman is there!

Nice work!
    pgrass101 and Dennis1209 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Made my morning! Always look for something to start the day right with and this is why DC is my first stop!

Well done sir! Glad it ended well, and knowing that type of individual, karma, or you or one of your coworkers, will be able to enlighten them at one point. Those types do not stop their idiotic behavior.

Did you tell your wife to make sure to NOT lock the deadbolt when you are home????
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Talk about poor victim selection!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Now, I know that its not right to wish some things, or to think somethings. And I know in my heart Im not a killer, but I sure hope they are stupid enough to try something here before they do at some of my elderly neighbors houses.
    I understand your feelings. When I was on an Army funded extended vacation, we had and individual that we knew was placing IEDs. The problem was he was the son of a local leader. I saw this POS weekly. He would smile, I would smile. He did not speak english, but I once told him that if I caught him placing an IED, he would meet Allah. He understood me I think and just nodded.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Good job Glockman!

Living in the boonies myself, I'm not sure how I'd handle something like that. As LE and living in the Styx as well, you know how long it can take to get a Sheriff's deputy on scene. Only needed LE once at 3:00 A.M. when my burglar alarm went off, and it was thirty minutes until the deputy arrived at my house. Listening to my police scanner, he needed help from the dispatcher finding my little paradise in the middle of nowhere.

For me anyway, it would be much safer to not answer the door, however. Given the value and amount of equipment I have stored in my pole barn, they would be loaded up and gone well before the cops arrived. My homeowners insurance would not come close to the value of allot of that stuff.

One good thing though, coming from the big city as I did, there's a big difference between red neck toothless hillbilly meth heads and organized gang bangers.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links