Meth heads got the wrong house; Mine!

This is a discussion on Meth heads got the wrong house; Mine! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm not sure what kind of person it makes me but I kind of wish they'd broken in to your house. I wish you no ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Meth heads got the wrong house; Mine!

I'm not sure what kind of person it makes me but I kind of wish they'd broken in to your house. I wish you no ill will of course but if these guys are going to do it eventually anyway, I'd like them to do it at a place where they'll get the reception they deserve via a prepared (and trained) homeowner like yourself. Hopefully they realize they came extremely close to the end of their lives and start to make better choices but I doubt it.
    accessbob likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Bravo. Job well done!

Noce work gman lol. Like the commentary no sense watering it down
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Bears a repeat of a thread title used here a while ago "Catastrophic failure of their victim selection process". Don't remember who came up with it, but I sure do like it.

LOL.. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall to watch that one. Say, how fast can a toothless meth head back peddle? Ha Ha. Good for you Glockman. I'd say they'll not be calling on anyone in your neck of the woods.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member
    I had to chuckle at several points in the story. Except for the damage to repair, it almost is a shame they didn't actually break in which then they would either be spending time in the gray bar hotel, or pushing up daisies.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

GH
    I'll bet that you're bitterly disappointed that you had the deadbolt set. But then you might not have gotten that good cuppa coffee & a slice of rhubarb pie. That in itself is enough reward for most men.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I know that the perps are going around checking for unlocked doors by turning the knobs. One day I thought I heard someone tried my front door knob. I was in my bedroom that's in the far corner of the house so I wasn't sure but I had an idea. I picked out a coke can from the recycle bin and put it on top of the knob. I did that every day til one day the can fell but it was my sister coming in. She said what was that noise? I told her what I did and what happened days ago.

The next day she had an agent from a security company come for a consultation and we had a system installed. Now whenever any door is opened it announces with two beeps and say (which) door! Pretty neat. Now when set there's a 30 seconds delay (to enter code) after any intrusion before the alarm sound and call the central.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyNilly View Post
    I know that the perps are going around checking for unlocked doors by turning the knobs. One day I thought I heard someone tried my front door knob. I was in my bedroom that's in the far corner of the house so I wasn't sure but I had an idea. I picked out a coke can from the recycle bin and put it on top of the knob....
    Good idea.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wonder if he knew it was your house to begin with. And I'd have to pass on the rubarb pie. I'm a sweet potato pie guy myself. It's good to hear some neighbors still look out for others. It's a dieing courtesy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links