Where do keep your nightstand gun

This is a discussion on Where do keep your nightstand gun within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Curious as to we're you keep your night stand gun when u go to work... I own a safe but it's not a big one ...

Thread: Where do keep your nightstand gun

Where do keep your nightstand gun

Curious as to we're you keep your night stand gun when u go to work... I own a safe but it's not a big one that's bolted to the ground. It's a small drawer safe and can easily be picked up an walked away with so I do not leave my glock 23 (glock light, tfo sights, & 15 round mag) in this safe. I do plan on buying a good bolt down safe just don't have the funds right now to put towards one. (wife don't see a need for it =[ ). So when I leave the home I have it hidden up high an outta sight where I do not think a robber would look. Where do you hide ur HD gun when u leave the house for N extended amount of time

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    My night stand gun is the same as my EDC. Any gun you choose should be the one you're most proficient with! Special circumstances excluded.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I’ve got a “dedicated” nightstand gun: Walther PPQ-9 with SureFire X400 light Laser that resides in a V-Line Top Drawer pistol safe in my……….nightstand:

This is so that if I’m gone (I travel quite a bit for work) my wife will still have access. Also, I figured IF anybody breaks in and finds it, the worse I’ll face is a heavy blunt object bolted inside a nightstand drawer.

My CCW pistol when not worn resides in a different V-Line in the entry closet.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    My night stand gun is the same as my EDC.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

My dedicated HD gun stays housed in 7 gauge steel and bolted to my bed frame.

sgb
    Stand alone Gun Safe
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I have posted this before. My nightstand table is my safe. I attached a OWB holster to the inside of the door and my EDC sit in the holster at night with my door open and ajar. I can easily slip my hand onto my Glock 26 lying face up or down.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

I have a drawer safe in my nightstand that houses my EDC G19 and a permanent G20 w/TLR-1s.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I bought one of these: V-Line Closet Vault

Solidly bolted between standard spaced studs (16" on-center), it's made of a decent weight steel, and has three locking mechanisms (upper and lower tube-key locks, and a resettable 5 button lock - I like this last one for single lock at-home access). Mine ran me under $500.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Same as others have mentioned, my EDC is my nightstand gun so it goes with me when I leave for work. I do own a few other pistols though and don't need a large safe so I have a small Bulldog safe that is bolted down in my closet. My other pistols live in there when I am not at home.

Nightstand gun goes into the safe in the morning and my carry gun comes out at the same time. Thought about getting a drawer safe for the nightstand but since there are no kiddies running around my place I don't feel it is necessary to have the gun locked up at all times, just when I am away. Actually doesn't stay in the nightstand, but in a holster mounted on my bed's frame rail, found it was the fastest and most accessibly place to put it, can easily be reached while lying in the bed or if I were to roll off the side of the bed to the floor.

Links