Disaster question, throwdown guns - Page 2

Disaster question, throwdown guns

This is a discussion on Disaster question, throwdown guns within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Although I'm new to handgun ownership for personal defense, I have thought about it myself. For those saying there are laws against it, there were ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Disaster question, throwdown guns

Although I'm new to handgun ownership for personal defense, I have thought about it myself.

For those saying there are laws against it, there were laws against it before: The US Constitution, namely the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 14th amendments, guaranteeing our rights to own firearms, protection against unlawful search and seizure, and due process. Yet they still proceeded to take the guns. What makes you think that there are now state and federal laws REPEATING that it's not allowed that it wont happen again?

I am irked that the NRA settled the suit, they should have taken it all the way through and made an example of the "chocolate city" mayor. I can promise you, if they take my guns in a similar circumstance, I'm not settling the suit, let alone several years after the fact.

A police invasion & weapon theft? These guys went door-to-door stealing from citizens? I know I'm an old-school gray-beard. And I realize that circumstances here in the backwoods aren't NOT the reality of weather-disaster anarchy in a major metropolis. But once an LEO starts stealing from citizens, he's a criminal. Criminals invading my home stand a (very) high likelihood of being SHOT! Yeah, there's likely to be a throwdown. And a gun may be involved. But it won't be a cheap one & I'll have NO plans to hand-it-over.
    Last edited by ghost tracker; September 10th, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Doodle likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I would think if they are breaking into your home stealing, they are violent thieves and should be treated as such.

VIP Member
    To the OP: No offense, but you really should spend more time worrying about rotating your tires.

What guns? You mean they weren't lost in a boating accident?

I deem it fit to keep a crate containing certain weapons of an individuals choosing and sufficient ammo buried incase of such an event.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

When I was in LE we called them drop guns for another reason.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    When I was in LE we called them drop guns for another reason.
    I wonder what that reason was..

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Once again it's nice to live in a rural county. In a disaster I might get drafted, but anyone trying to rob under cover of a badge would most likely be out of his jurasdiction.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    No offense to the OP but I seriously was looking for a LOL or dancing bananna after the post. I can not believe any LEO would stop there (seeing a POS gun someone gives up so easily).
    To me the prospect of governemntal attack should certainly not be a laughing matter. Certainly governmental attack was more in the mind of the framers of our constitution than say hunting.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    To me the prospect of governemntal attack should certainly not be a laughing matter. Certainly governmental attack was more in the mind of the framers of our constitution than say hunting.
    With the rise of the internet and the pace at which citizens can mass their outrage I do not believe the prospect of a governmental attack is likely let alone reasonable -- unless you subscribe to Alex Jones.

As to the original question...no, I would not keep a weapon I intended to throw away in the scenario you presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    With the rise of the internet and the pace at which citizens can mass their outrage I do not believe the prospect of a governmental attack is likely let alone reasonable -- unless you subscribe to Alex Jones.

As to the original question...no, I would not keep a weapon I intended to throw away in the scenario you presented.
    While I seriously doubt there would ever be an armed governmental attack I will play along. If it did happen, I'm sure the Internet and other forms of communication the Government could not fully control the content of would go off line.

But in all reality why would the Government need to use force when so many of the citizens are perfectly willing to give up their neighbors freedoms?

Michael

Senior Moderator
    Why would the government care about my little collection of guns, when they can easily remove my whole house with a remote controlled drone strike
    tricolordad likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Why do you think the .gov would merely 'take' your POS gun and not take you in as well?

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Not disagreeing with your premise, just what you posted. Either you give them your guns or you don't. Investing money in a POS gun like a Rohm-10 (which I actually have, you can get one for 25 bucks) is a waste of time and would not fool the "government man" coming to look for guns.
    mcp1810 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Why do you think the .gov would merely 'take' your POS gun and not take you in as well?
    Because it happened that way before... after Katrina.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links