Minimum Size/Weight/Price Weapon for Homestead Property (70m x 30m) Defense - Page 2

Minimum Size/Weight/Price Weapon for Homestead Property (70m x 30m) Defense

This is a discussion on Minimum Size/Weight/Price Weapon for Homestead Property (70m x 30m) Defense within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Badey I agree with the other comments, but I would go for an AK over an AR if you want a rifle ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Minimum Size/Weight/Price Weapon for Homestead Property (70m x 30m) Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I agree with the other comments, but I would go for an AK over an AR if you want a rifle (cheaper gun, more reliable, larger mag capacity with stock mags, cheaper ammo).
    I would too, and for all the same reasons, but an AR loaded with expanding bullets will work fine so long as it runs reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by pawned79 View Post
    Thank you for the quick replies! Next time I go to the range, I will take my customized Mossberg 500 over to the 100 yard range (instead of the 25 yard range), and see what I can do with my Bushnell 1x Tactical Red Dot (ACOG clone) using my 00 buckshot of choice and a few other brands plus some slugs.
    You should be able to put all your slugs onto a human-sized target without any problem at 100 yards.

I encourage you to bring along a selection of tactical and hunting slug loads from a variety of manufacturers to see how they group from your particular shotguns. Both my Mossberg 590 A1 and my Remington 870 have very specific preferences between different manufacturers' slugs, with groups from the same gun varying 3-X in diameter between different manufacturers' slugs. I predict that each of your shotguns will have very specific preferences, and they probably won't be for the same slug from the same manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin1155 View Post
    If someone is beyond the range of 00 buck, how much of a threat are they really?
    With a handgun, they are extremely dangerous up to 100 yards, possibly further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links