It was almost go time...

This is a discussion on It was almost go time... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMO calling 911 because you heard "voices" coming from your front door is a bit excessive....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: It was almost go time...

IMO calling 911 because you heard "voices" coming from your front door is a bit excessive.
    Thunder71 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I don't have to worry about checking on kids, so I just hunker down by the bedroom door and wait. I leave a low wattage bulb on in the family room which I can see
    from my spot and I can't be seen from the family room.
    If BG's kick in my front door the dog will slow them down enough for me so I can roll over and grab the .45

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Please don't shoot the trick-or-treaters. Halloween is just around the corner.
    This happened in Sumter, SC either last year or the year before. The shooter turned out to be a not so ideal citizen, but he was paranoid enough to shoot through the door of his house at a young man trick or treating and killed him.

You did fine.... a bit over reactionary perhaps....

My neighbor 1/4 mile away plays talk radio to his pigs ... a l l n i g h t l o n g. And loud enough I can hear it, faintly, when I'm outside with the dogs.... first time I heard it... I was covering my gun.... and my neck hairs were standing on end... I figured it out in short order...

In a bad scene, you may not have time to get the kids rounded up and into the safe room.... but in this case you did, because you had the time to go get your shotty.

Get reinforcement for entry doors... it's cheap and effective.

Get the kids together with mom... all while assessing the potential situation... maybe avoiding the 911 call...

Adrenaline will
    MESS

YOU

UP...

I KNOW THIS. First hand. I seem to be blessed with super hearing (I suppose until auditory occlusion from the first shot), real tunnel vision... and my perception of everything S L O W S W A Y D O W N... others are different.... No matter what, it will mess you up.

Use this experience to train around what the adrenaline does...

Hope you never have to use what you've learned.
    ArmedPreacher likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links