My friends just got robbed while they were sleeping - Page 3

My friends just got robbed while they were sleeping

This is a discussion on My friends just got robbed while they were sleeping within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by schweiger Update- they are now gun owners. It's really scary to imagine what would happen if they had an encounter with this ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: My friends just got robbed while they were sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by schweiger View Post
    Update- they are now gun owners.

It's really scary to imagine what would happen if they had an encounter with this person or persons. If they are brazen enough to gone in while people are sleeping who knows what they might do.
    I'm glad they're ok and stuff is the only thing they wanted. The part bold made me chuckle a bit though. A wake up call for sure. But as others have said, dogs; wonderful friends and wonderful tools. No home should be without one because all of the firearms in the world won't help a bit if you're sleeping.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Living in an apartment has gotten me thinking alot about cheap and less intrusive methods of securing the place without the owner getting upset. simple things like dead bolts and simple window vibration alarms can go a long way towards giving you time to react against the intruder. Just need enough time to roll out of the bed and grab the 12 gauge with 5+1 of reduced recoil 00 buck

My wife and I invested in both Doberman security door alarms for our downstairs doors and windows. Once activated, if the door is open, then the alarm will go off. And we have a motion alarm at the top of our stairs by the same company. Just outside our room as a last minute warning. All purchased at home depot for around 40 bucks.

Only door in my house ever unlocked is between the house and garage. But it's alarmed so I'm not worried. And my wife wakes up when a mouse farts in the neighbors' house. My house is also well lit outside.

Sorry to hear about your neighbors. Hopefully now they are more security conscious.

- Todd
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I have man's best friend and he's the coolest dog ever....even when friends comes by he makes sure that me and the miss knows someone is around...058.jpg
    the other dog is his brother, My son's dog...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links