Loose convict

Loose convict

This is a discussion on Loose convict within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The news reported that a convict went walk about from a nearby corrections facility on Thursday. At this point they haven't yet got a rope ...

Thread: Loose convict

Distinguished Member

Loose convict

The news reported that a convict went walk about from a nearby corrections facility on Thursday. At this point they haven't yet got a rope on him. Butner is known for maximum security and criminally insane. Most of us locals didn't know they had minimum security. The inmate had 8 years to go on drugs and weapons charges. So my wife and I have amped up security. I very seriously doubt that we have concern but the benefit is that my wife is much more intent on SA. Another benefit of this live exercise is my own review of "what is normal" in our little bucolic world. Looking around I hit the checklist of expected things to see; horses, good. Fence line, yep. Deer, ok. Dude running across the pasture, no....out of place. I've lived in town and I have a new appreciation of the ease of determining what is normal and what is not out here on the farm.

In the not normal category, a coon jumped my broken down little Jack Russell yesterday afternoon. Now that ain't right. Somehow he got clear without a scratch but momma hauled him in for a booster shot just the same. During "the assault" my Blue Tick, Ruby, just stood there howling. Obviously I don't hunt her.

Hopefully they nab this guy soon.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Hope all stays well for you and the members of your community. From what I've seen in cases like this, it seems the loose con gets picked up pretty quick. Of course there's cases where the complete opposite has happened and he/they went on a murderous robbery spree first too..

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Hope all stays well for you and the members of your community. From what I've seen in cases like this, it seems the loose con gets picked up pretty quick. Of course there's cases where the complete opposite has happened and he/they went on a murderous robbery spree first too..

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    With any luck the convict with be picked up quickly. On the other hand if he decides to mess with svgheartland I suspect he may pickup a load of lead instead!

Distinguished Member
    Hope your little Jack Russel is none worse for the wear. We've lost a number of ducks to raccoons... Day or night, if we see one on the property it's a done deal for that masked critter.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Don't pick up a hitchhikers.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Don't pick up a hitchhikers.
    Here you go.

Prison Break Prank - by Tom Mabe - YouTube
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    The local teens went through a brief fad for wearing prison jumpsuits. I rather loudly commented on the intelligence of people wearing "shoot-me-quick" outfits in a city with a prison. The teens looked offended for some reason.

(Side note; The last two convicts to try to escape were shot dead on the wire. They never got loose.)

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I found this extremely funny. It deserves more than a "like" or an lol or something along those lines. Good day to you, sir.

Distinguished Member
    Ep1953, thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope and figure he's on his way to somewhere else. Today was the first time I've worked on a cord of wood while attached to the 40. Usually I'll lay it on the side. The good news is that it's not a bother even with a few hours on the knees in front of the damn splitter. Whoppo, my poor little Jack was the runt. He was made from the spare parts I think. Not even 7 years old and he's blind in one eye, can't see out of the other and he's already forgotten that a coon tried to do the nasty on him.
    Savage Heartland

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I was collecting items from local businesses for a raffle at amotorcycle charity event. The NAPA store among other things, donated a set of orange overalls. The guy who won it lives 5 miles from a state prison. It showed up in another raffle later.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    If it helps, the minimum security guys rarely do anything stupid when they escape. They usually have someone there to pick them up and they just head back home to do the same crap that got them arrested in the first place. It is the higher security people that stick around and cause problems.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "Hopefully they nab this guy soon. "

The convict or the raccoon?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    The coon is #1 on my dance card. He beat up the little guy. As for the convict, I've got more wood to split, I could use some help prior to dialing 911.
    Savage Heartland

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Ep1953, thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope and figure he's on his way to somewhere else. Today was the first time I've worked on a cord of wood while attached to the 40. Usually I'll lay it on the side. The good news is that it's not a bother even with a few hours on the knees in front of the damn splitter. Whoppo, my poor little Jack was the runt. He was made from the spare parts I think. Not even 7 years old and he's blind in one eye, can't see out of the other and he's already forgotten that a coon tried to do the nasty on him.

Get him a big furry playmate, in the way of a Great Pyrenees.
    It will make any agressive wild critter sorry it was ever born.
    It will guard over you, your family and all that belong in your household with its life.

Coons are nasty. We had a JRT years ago, and the guy we got him from always took them hunting, usually in barns and such (the farmers loved him as the coons and critters peed and pooed in the hay and ruined it). He would have 3-5 Jacks, and on more than one occasion, he would have one come up missing part of their ear, or he'd be sewing a wound on one of the dogs.
    They'd get the coon tho', but they could do some damage.

Hope they find the escapee soon.

Now if I could just find the thread talking about the loose women.............J/K
    Attached Images
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links