Riot defense discussion

This is a discussion on Riot defense discussion within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They are protesting in Greece because they have a 30% unemployment rate, higher taxes, tution, food costs, gas prices, interest rates, and less government services, ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Riot defense discussion

Senior Moderator
    They are protesting in Greece because they have a 30% unemployment rate, higher taxes, tution, food costs, gas prices, interest rates, and less government services, higher retirement age, less medical care, lower pensions.

Just about every aspect of their economy is going into a downward spiral. The best thing they could do now is to ditch the euro and let everything fail, it'll hurt a lot but it'll stop hurting faster. Iceland just let their banks and currency collapse and they are looking pretty good now.

We can see an economic downturn like the Great Depression, it'll make current Not so Great Recession look like a cake walk. Our population and government were much better equipped to handle hard times in the 1930's than they are now.

I say beat the rush and collapse now so you can get use to it.
    Rock and Glock and bugboy like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Did not know we were only talking about threats made by public officials. I was commenting on what I have heard ordinary citizens say. Listen to the radio and depending on which station you are tuned in to you will hear people calling in claiming their could be riots if their man does not win.

Michael
    After the second debate, there were literally thousands of "tweets" threatening Romney. Many were from known Twitter followers. This in itself doesn't guaranty any riots, but it does show indications of the feelings of at least some of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by StarPD45 View Post
    After the second debate, there were literally thousands of "tweets" threatening Romney. Many were from known Twitter followers. This in itself doesn't guaranty any riots, but it does show indications of the feelings of at least some of the people.
    While there may be a small minority willing to riot most are just talk. In my opinion most folks using that tweeter thing are like the little kids hiding behing moms skirt while threatening to beat you up.

Michael

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    All it takes is one.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    All it takes is one.
    Yup, isn't that all it took to cause the first world war?

Michael
    pgrass101 likes this.

Well, you sure can't throw that 32 oz soda at them! I can; you can't
    Maybe he still has some pre-ban 32oz cups left

VIP Member
    Yup, isn't that all it took to cause the first world war?

Michael
    Sort of. There was a conspiracy and a bunch of folks were tried (25) and 16 convicted. Princip did not even get the worst sentence. He did, however, use a .380.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Sort of. There was a conspiracy and a bunch of folks were tried (25) and 16 convicted. Princip did not even get the worst sentence. He did, however, use a .380.
    Yea I purposley left out the part about the .380 being used to start the war. Did not want this to turn into a my .45 acp would have started a much larger war or my 9mm could have started more wars due to capacity. No I was trying to avoid a caliber war but there is always one in the bunch....

Michael
    ws76133 and tacman605 like this.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    While there may be a small minority willing to riot most are just talk. In my opinion most folks using that tweeter thing are like the little kids hiding behing moms skirt while threatening to beat you up.

Michael
    Maybeso, but there are some using Twitter to coordinate actual crimes and violence, overseas and here.

I don't think that any mob action will take place without at least a little activity on Twitter.
    mlr1m likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Well, you sure can't throw that 32 oz soda at them! I can; you can't
    I don't like to sidetrack threads, but that was hillarious. I laughed, read the rest of the posts, and then was still laughing. I'm still grinning now as I type this too.

But to defend Pythius, I think diet drinks weigh the same when weaponized...
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I don't care who you are; that's funny!
    ws76133 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Must look out for those lethal high-capacity assault cups.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by RAC55 View Post
    It's actually; clip clop clip clop clip...click-poof-BOOM! clop clip clop.....they only use flintlocks.
    The Amish community in MY town use weapons like you or I....not flintlocks. Sheesh

BTW...I have so many Amish in my small town...there are "Amish Tracks" (horse poo) on the road in front of my house quite often, as well as in the town's Grocery Store parking lot (Dodge and Weave walking).
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    why would there be riots?

who is threatening riots?
    Ok Pythius its almost early November and the riots are in your area!!!! Are you ready??? Did you take the advice to always be in a general state of prepardness???

This storm is not what I would consider a SHTF event. If things were really bad the Police,Fire,and National Guard would be taking care of thier families not yours. In a real SHTF event those not prepared will parish. This in an event all should learn from and become prepared, will you???

BTW I wish all affected by the storm,even you the best. I just think it should be a wake up call to those complacent with rule of law in society. It doesnt take much for things to become lawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    riots can happen anytime, any day, for any reason.

best to just hide and hope they stay away.
    So im currious, Do you still think its best to hide and hope looters stay away or be prepared for them? On a SHTF scale of 1 out of 10 this event is about .25, hardly anything to worry about. everybody on the east coast should be prepared for events like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links