Riot defense discussion

Riot defense discussion

This is a discussion on Riot defense discussion within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, so if in early November severe riots occur and the police pull back as they are prone to in riots, what are our options ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Riot defense discussion

Riot defense discussion

Ok, so if in early November severe riots occur and the police pull back as they are prone to in riots, what are our options as parents, homeowners and citizens?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

why would there be riots?

who is threatening riots?

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    why would there be riots?

who is threatening riots?
    Well if history taught us anything it is that Detroit likes to riot when they win a sports championship. They are currently ahead in the playoffs against the Yankees. If I lived there I would be preparing for the inevitable.

EDIT: I seem to recall a number of cases where the fine citizens of Detroit after winning a pennant or championship took to the streets to burn, vandalize and otherwise destroy public and private property. They threw in a bit of looting to top it off if memory serves me right.

Michael
    pgrass101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Well if history taught us anything it is that Detroit likes to riot when they win a sports championship. They are currently ahead in the playoffs against the Yankees. If I lived there I would be preparing for the inevitable.

Michael
    yes, the Tigers are likely to destroy the Yankees now that Jeter broke his ankle. Poor guy.

Read up on Sykes,Fairbairn and Rex Applegate techniques.

One particular technique I like is the assumption that people riot because it's fun, take the first one in the mob out by blowing his skull fragments and brain matter in the faces of all of those behind him, and, all of a sudden...it's no fun anymore!

Of course we are talking about a judicious use of lawful deadly force scenario.
    OD*, msgt/ret, darbo and 6 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    If a riot occurs I your area, I would suggest hunkering down and making it appear that no one is home and that you are too poor to waste time with.

Depending on your housing situation (apt. Row house, suburbs, etc...) you have to be prepared to evacuate in case of fire. Have a bug out location to flee too, a bag already packed with what you need and a fully gassed car with an extra gas can.

And since we can never know when a riot or other event might happen it is a good idea to have these things anyway
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

riots can happen anytime, any day, for any reason.

best to just hide and hope they stay away.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    riots can happen anytime, any day, for any reason.

best to just hide and hope they stay away.
    Didn't work out in LA. Just ask Reginald Denny.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Maybe Detroit can have a two fer!
    Imagine the series ending on a controversial call against the Tigers on Devils night!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

While I know that the OP was talking about the possibilities of riots due to the political elections, I brought up the sporting events to make a simple point. Riots can and do happen at any time. Even over things as silly as a baseball game or a soccer game. I would bet that over the last fifty years we have had more sports related riots in the U.S. than we have had for more seemingly important causes.

Pays to be prepared for anything. And I believe what another poster has mentioned. That many people will join in on a riot without even knowing why it was started. Just for the fun of it.

Michael
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Didn't work out in LA. Just ask Reginald Denny.
    he didn't hide.

Sandbag bunker and a Ma duece. Nothing to see here, move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Well, I work on a university campus and have heard talk. I live next door to a military base and have heard talk from there as well. Some additional preparation seems to be in order.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Well, I work on a university campus and have heard talk. I live next door to a military base and have heard talk from there as well. Some additional preparation seems to be in order.
    to prepare...for what?

you heard "talk"...of what?

the only discussion Ive heard of folks rioting becuase Obama loses, is from conspiracy theory websites.

seriously bro, nothing is gonna happen. At least not related to the election.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Something I have often wondered about when reading or listening to reports of citizens arming and barricading themselves in their homes or places of business. It seems when honest citizens do this both the media and the government, police, will quickly point out that citizens cannot in most cases use deadly force to protect property. My question has always been this. What makes the media and police think that the rioters are not breaking in to kill me? That they are only there to loot?
    Would a citizen be wrong to assume that a rioter breaking into their home or business is there to kill them? That the citizen is not shooting because a rioter broke his windows, but that he shot because he believed the rioter broke the window in an attempt to get at the honest citizen? That he was not defending his property but that instead he was protecting himself?

Michael
    msgt/ret, Aiko and CLASS3NH like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links