Armed Burglar Sues Homeowner For Shooting

This is a discussion on Armed Burglar Sues Homeowner For Shooting within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; well lets also not forget that the amount of time that transpired between "don't kill me don't kill me, ..." and the time of the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Armed Burglar Sues Homeowner For Shooting

well lets also not forget that the amount of time that transpired between "don't kill me don't kill me, ..." and the time of the return fire may have only been a few seconds.. just barely long enough for the exchange of words.. they may even have spoken over each other.. elapsed time, maybe 2 seconds.

plus the perp that just shot the home owner in the face was still armed.. if i guy shoots me and is still holding his weapon, im not going to NOT fire back because he asked nicely.

but i think its agreed that until the home owner had legal counsel, he should have and should still shut his mouth about what happened..

2. Remove Ads

Proposition 114 on the Arizona ballot this year addresses the question of criminals suing their victims. If enacted, it would prohibit such suits and also not prohibit the victim from suing the perp to recover damages. This one looks like a no-brainer.

What's on My Ballot? Arizona's General Election Guide 2012 - Proposition 114
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I'm not sure what the negligence is. From the article it seem that the shooting was completely intentional. Anyone know where the negligence is?

Michael
    The homeowner 'neglected' to finish off the scum-bag.
    mlr1m likes this.

“He says, ‘Don’t kill me. Don’t kill me… I’ve got a daughter!’

And we wonder why the youth in this country are the way they are. Great parenting skills.
    minimalbrat likes this.

This is why you shut yer yap and any talking you do is through an Attorney,Criminal can make any claim he want,but are people gonna believe a Criminal,but if you back him up by saying "He shot me and then begged me not to shoot him,I paused and then said F you and pow pow pow pow.My response would have been "He shot me and I returned fire" .
    mlr1m, minimalbrat and phreddy like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Should require all lawyers filing stupid law suits to put up a cash bond to cover legal fees of whomever they are sueing if the lose the case.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Should require all lawyers filing stupid law suits to put up a cash bond to cover legal fees of whomever they are sueing if the lose the case.
    Disagree. IMO, that would have the effect of restricting access to legal advice/action to the "rich."

But in cases where frivolousness is claimed and proven, I fully agree with recompense. Some states have such statutes, some even go so far as to disallow civil lawsuits in cases where no criminal conviction has yet occurred for that situation.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

well and the other thing i dont get... how is it the criminal here was able to call police first? really? i mean i get it, shot in the face.. but if he could talk to the perp, you can talk to the cops.. at least dial 911 and let them triangulate where you are and come to your residence.. when they find you face down in a pool of your own blood with half your jaw shot up... in your own house...

i think you get the idea.

Re: Armed Burglar Sues Homeowner For Shooting

Center mass would have prevented the POS and his scum lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Come on earthquake!
    ROFL!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

This is the mentality of the SF Bay Area. :facepalm: :facepalm: Hmm, :facepalm: Well, it's not working but there should be an icon for it. You get the idea.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

This can happen in good old NY too. You may be found innocent in a criminal court but you can still be sued by the person or family in civil court for defending yourself. Nice HUH...I cant wait to get out of here after my kids graduate HS.

NY is terrible.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Who knows ... if while shooting at Leone, the BG wasn't yelling don't shot me ..... and if he's still pointing his gun @ Leone, how seriously is he going to take anything that the BG says ? He just shot him.... are you going to believe him ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    That ain't Texas!
    If it was Texas, the judge would have shot the burglar for attempting to sue.

Re: Armed Burglar Sues Homeowner For Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Carib View Post
    If it was Texas, the judge would have shot the burglar for attempting to sue.
    God Bless Texas.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links