My most hazardous assignment

This is a discussion on My most hazardous assignment within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just avoid the corn field maze. It's booby trapped....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: My most hazardous assignment

Just avoid the corn field maze. It's booby trapped.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Do NOT show fear!
    Hopyard likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    We are going to "The Pumpkin Patch" which is a local petting educational farm that does a harvest them every fall.
    I've been to that pumpkin patch - it was fun. Good luck...
    pgrass101 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

We who are about to die (laughing) salute you! As a father of six now grown children, I have SEEN the elephant. Class trips, band trips, team trips, club trips, I have wrangled them ALL. From snotty-nosed pants wetters to teenage wise asses I now...profoundly miss every kid I've ever chaperoned. Enjoy the fun!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

"That which does not kill you...."
    goldshellback likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Re: My most hazardous assignment

Field trips are for learning. No doubt, pgrass101, will learn something!
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Just think happy thoughts! Good luck!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Remember KDG COP...there's one in every class...be careful!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My sympathy goes with you. While I never did a school field trip, I did get roaped into a field trip to a Cleveland Indians baseball game with a cub scout pack on Youth Day way back in the mid 60s. Horrifying experience! While most of our pack was fairly well behaved, there were hundreds of screaming rug rats from all kinds of youth groups, most of whom I figured were juvenile deliquents by their actions! I seemed like none of the kids really wanted to watch baseball! All they wanted to do was throw popcorn, candy, other stuff, and pop at each other. Not quite as bad as the food fight in Animal House, but close! My first, and last experience with that kind of outing! I still shudder to think about it. Hope your trip is a whole lot better.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Moderator
    I have survived and now am recovering with some mead
    Rock and Glock and mano3 like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It may require repeated doses to fully recover. Or possibly a more powerful dose of something stronger.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I have survived and now am recovering with some mead
    The good news, starting in about 5-6 years your kid won't want to be seen alive with you.
    The most humiliating thing you could do to him would be to agree to go on a field trip and help
    the teacher chaperone. Patience; and more mead.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

One of the MOST ENLIGHTENING experiences in my long life was at Chuck E. Cheese. My son was ~7 and asked to a schoolmate's birthday party at C.E.C. He & I got dropped-off at the shindig while Mom went shopping. I had enjoyed about three hours in the place (Total & complete chaos. Made a WHO Concert seem quiet & serene.)

I stepped up to buy a beverage & saw a little, green, plastic derby sitting atop a vaguely familiar device behind the drink counter. I motioned to the leprechaun's hat & quietly asked the server what might be under there. She smiled knowingly and lifted the hat just enough to flash...a BUDWEISER Tap into my view! Who would have ever guessed? Holy CRAP! They serve BEER at Chuck E. Cheese! It was undoubtedly the FINEST beer I had EVER TASTED. Mom was none too happy that I had quickly downed three (small ones) before she came to pick us up. That was over 15 years ago & I haven't been inside Chuck E. Cheese since. But if I'm again forced to go, at least I know where I'm sitting.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links