Holiday Crime & Personal Protection

This is a discussion on Holiday Crime & Personal Protection within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by kapnketel I was taught by my CCW trainer to always use a shopping cart in the lot. It is an improvised weapon ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Holiday Crime & Personal Protection

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I was taught by my CCW trainer to always use a shopping cart in the lot. It is an improvised weapon if needed and can be used to keep distance from a BG and you.
    That's actually a good tip. It does present an awkward barrier, and people have been known to actually stumble over a shopping cart. But be mindful of two-man teams, because the cart can only take care of one of them if they come in from two different sides.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I was taught by my CCW trainer to always use a shopping cart in the lot. It is an improvised weapon if needed and can be used to keep distance from a BG and you.
    I teach this as well.
    The other day I went to the store & bought a bag of sugar & some meat. I could have easily carried it by hand. Instead, I used a cart. A cart not only can be used as a weapon. But, it's also a good barrier and an effective way to create some distance.

-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links