Are Home Invasions on the Rise?

This is a discussion on Are Home Invasions on the Rise? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Caertaker People moving weight need to be executed. No idea what this means. Can you please explain?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Are Home Invasions on the Rise?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    People moving weight need to be executed.
    No idea what this means. Can you please explain?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Dealing Drugs
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I think our area is seeing a lot more burglaries and home invasions due to the heroin epidemic. The junkies are getting desperate. Heroin has gotten very cheap and people are getting hooked at an alarming rate.
    We are seeing a serious increase in burglaries and car break ins, even if just for change in the console, in our subdivision # years ago not a single one. I meet with the county deputies regularly as part of our neighborhood watch and they attribute all of it to the heroin epidemic. But what I am seeing on the news are more brazen door kick ins with people held at gunpoint or shot.
    ericb327 likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Re: Are Home Invasions on the Rise?

Weight = large amounts of drugs, or drugs for sale/distribution.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

I wouldn't shed any tears if these scumbags were gone. Just yesterday we had yet another robbery for painkillers in my town.

So far their methods have been threatening notes with no weapons being shown, but it's only a matter of time before they start becoming more brazen in the pharmacies, or when they start following people home from the pharmacy and finding out where they live only to break in later.

If I am ever it a situation where I'm prescribed painkillers, I'll be sure to save an empty bottle and fill it with rat poison in case I'm burglarized. (Before everyone get's all grumpy, I'm not serious about this but it has crossed my mind.)

VIP Member

Re: Are Home Invasions on the Rise?

Spovik - wouldn't matter. People into pills know what pills are what. Not to mention the pill identifier apps that are available. :D
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I think your instincts are correct. The problem is the term " Home Invasion" is a new term. Most are categorized as Burglaries, which is a Property crime. That is a category that is increasing and expected to continue to do so.
    As scary as the term sounds (and is often misused), "home Invasion" doesn't necessarily involve aggravated assault. "Aggravated burglary" involves violent assault and usually with a weapon. Be sure you're checking the right categories when comparing your perceptions with your logical premises.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Are Home Invasions on the Rise?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    As scary as the term sounds (and is often misused), "home Invasion" doesn't necessarily involve aggravated assault. "Aggravated burglary" involves violent assault and usually with a weapon. Be sure you're checking the right categories when comparing your perceptions with your logical premises.
    I looked at the data from the 2011 NCIS from the FBI. They don't break it down to Aggravated Burglary. They change it if force is used or implied to be used to Aggravated Assault. So, I assume the FBI rolled it up. I would have liked to seen it separated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If other police departments are similar to the Milwaukee, Wisconsin police department there is no telling.

Flawed Milwaukee crime numbers festered for years
    Police department insiders tell of failure to act, pressure to under report findings
    A Journal Sentinel Watchdog Update - Flawed Milwaukee crime numbers festered for years
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My neighbor is a local cop, and he said that home invasions are increasing, and not just with drug homes.
    One student in our school was a driver for a home invasion group...just a plain ole' young girl...I couldn't believe it.
    We live in a very small town in Central PA. Thankfully, we've have very little crime but is it increasing. Our youngest son lives and teaches in a charter school in South Florida. A student told him the gang she is in rent small trucks and vans. On the weekend, they drive to Georgia or Alabama and look for homes whose owners are away. Once located, they strip the home and load the content into the van and truck.

Sounds similar to what you report.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I know here in my neck of the woods reported home invasions are up, something about our revised Castle Doctrine and people having to call the cops to report dead home invaders.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

I think either it is happening more or it is being reported more. Clearly hear more of this in the news. Fortunately, good guys are getting the bad guys often.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

Locally, it seems that home invasions are up. It seems to be in particular areas or towns. I'm not sure if there is a net increase county or state wide. There also seem to be more illegally obtained or possessed firearms circulating in the area. Seems like the number of charges for firearms violations are up among people arrested or stopped for other violations.

"Home Invasions" are up in Orange County Florida. Way up. The most common time for break in to occur? 10AM - 2PM ! Right smack in the middle of the day.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    "Home Invasions" are up in Orange County Florida. Way up. The most common time for break in to occur? 10AM - 2PM ! Right smack in the middle of the day.
    You talking "home invasions" or "burglaries"? Yes, most burglaries occur midday when folks are away at work. I define a home invasions as when occupants are home.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links