Defensive Carry banner

OC vs brandishing at your door

4K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  dukalmighty 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been answered, a search for open carry and brandishing turned up a lot of results.

Lets say you have a salesman come to your door and you are open carrying, how does that differ from brandishing? What if you rest your hand on it while talking? (Telling to leave)

Please be gentle, I am new to all of this.
Thanks

#39 ·
My driveway is long (400 feet) so nobody comes to my door "just because" Mostly neighborhood kids selling for teams, scouts etc, I don't mind them at all. I usually have my 1911 on my him at 3-4, but when I get up to answer the door I slide it back to 4:30-5 so it is accessible but not obvious.

The only time I put my hand on my gun other than to draw it from the holster is I have a habit of reaching to it with one finger to make certain the safety is on.

#40 ·
Depending on your State laws the scenario could end up like this,LEO what happened? I was trying to solicit at his door when he put his hand on his gun and told me I needed to leave, LEO: did you feel thretened? Salesman: Yes.At that point you may be calling your Lawyer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.