Moron in MN waives his Castle Doctrine rights by going overboard

This is a discussion on Moron in MN waives his Castle Doctrine rights by going overboard within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hate stories like this because it gives anti-Castle-Doctrine people something to chew on. Castle doctrine no protection for MN man police say killed intruders ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harvester

Thread: Moron in MN waives his Castle Doctrine rights by going overboard

Moron in MN waives his Castle Doctrine rights by going overboard

I hate stories like this because it gives anti-Castle-Doctrine people something to chew on.

Castle doctrine no protection for MN man police say killed intruders - JSOnline

2. Remove Ads

Am I supposed to be sympathetic towards him?

pittypat21 likes this.
    Molon Labe

an article that will give you more info :

News Link | 'They didn't deserve to die': Outrage after popular students are found murdered in man's basement after 'they robbed his home on Thanksgiving'

'They didn't deserve to die': Outrage after popular students are found murdered in man's basement after 'they robbed his home on Thanksgiving'

Friends and family have expressed their outrage over the deaths of two popular students shot by a homeowner while they robbed his home - as he revealed he fired 'more shots than he needed to'.

The bodies of cousins Haile Kifer, 18, and Nicholas Brady Schaeffel, 17, were found in Byron Smith's basement in Little Falls, Minnesota on Friday - the day after they were shot dead on Thanksgiving.

When police arrived at his home after reports of suspicious activity, Smith, 64, confessed to shooting the teenagers repeatedly and stashing their bodies after they broke into his home, authorities said.

On Monday, he was charged with second-degree murder and police revealed he told them he fired more shots than necessary after his gun jammed and Kifer laughed at him.
    * Broken into 8 times over the last year
    * One shot to the girl.... under the chin into the cranium.
    * Hid the bodies in his basement.
    * Don't like the "they were good kids" lines, as they were breaking into someone's home to steal.... but, doesn't excuse him for executing them either.

Inexcusable that the paper tries to make this about the "Castle Doctrine" , as this has NOTHING to do with the Castle Doctrine at all ...... shame they use this for a political agenda in the Minnesota News.

Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links