Good advice: Lock your doors and load your guns - Page 2

Good advice: Lock your doors and load your guns

This is a discussion on Good advice: Lock your doors and load your guns within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Half of the libs down there are trying to figure out what Northern Cal. rock he climbed out from under, and the other half are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Good advice: Lock your doors and load your guns

VIP Member
    Half of the libs down there are trying to figure out what Northern Cal. rock he climbed out from under, and the other half are trying to figure out how to get him back there.

Guys talking reality, hope the rest of SoCAL is listening.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by GettingOld2 View Post
    I have a friend who had things stolen out of his car while it was parked in his driveway. I Commiserated with him and asked about damage to the car. "No damage. It wasn't locked!" he told me. Then he went off into a rant saying that he shouldn't have to lock his car in his own driveway. I agreed with the principle that he "shouldn't" have to, but pointed out that reality indicates otherwise. A month later I asked him if he was locking his car now. "No! It's in my own driveway. I shouldn't have ... yadda yadda". A replay of the previous argument despite personal contrary experience. It's really strange, he's a smart guy and a very capable engineer, but seems unable to apply logic in certain instances.
    He may well be a very capable engineer. I am not too sure how smart he is however!

As for the city attorney, his advice was appropriate before they laid off 80 officers. It will still be appropriate if they hire back 280 officers. Everybody is responsible for their own safety, if the police get there in time to help, great!.

I have a friend who had things stolen out of his car while it was parked in his driveway. I Commiserated with him and asked about damage to the car. "No damage. It wasn't locked!" he told me. Then he went off into a rant saying that he shouldn't have to lock his car in his own driveway. I agreed with the principle that he "shouldn't" have to, but pointed out that reality indicates otherwise. A month later I asked him if he was locking his car now. "No! It's in my own driveway. I shouldn't have ... yadda yadda". A replay of the previous argument despite personal contrary experience. It's really strange, he's a smart guy and a very capable engineer, but seems unable to apply logic in certain instances.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

ah, but the lack of damage to his car is valuable to me. There was a rash of vehicle break-in's at an apartment complex I used to live in. They busted windows in both of my neighbor's cars. I drove around for 4 months without a CD player, but I wasn't scrambling to replace glass or fighting rain with a tarp. That's my take on it. Glass ain't gonna keep anybody out, and cars have too much glass to be secure. I'd rather replace my stuff than my windows, so I don't lock my truck. Personal preference I suppose, whatever floats your boat.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    I grew up in Wind Ridge/Jacktown PA. We never locked anything (house, barns, sheds or cars/trucks - left the keys in the cars/trucks) well into the late '80s (even the entire volunteer Fire Company was wide open = never an issue). People knew who you were, and who would get shot,,,,,, just sayin.

Edit Add: Now that I am living in Progressive land, we lock, watch, alarm and arm. ,,,,,, just sayin.
    The towns where both of my grandparents lived were like that. They would leave the garage door open all day when my grandfathers left for work or whereever, with all kinds of tools, etc. in plain sight, and no one would bother them! If you tried that in Gary, everything would have disappeared within an hour--at most! They also left money in the milk bottles for the milk man, and money under the welcome mat for the paperboy. In Gary, not only would the money have been stolen, but the milk bottles too!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Truth can hurt... an honest politician in California?! Imagine that...
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Unfortunately, this guy has decided to be a victim. Not much further that can be done for this person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links