Have you had a break-in with vicious dog signs and dog in house? - Page 3

Have you had a break-in with vicious dog signs and dog in house?

This is a discussion on Have you had a break-in with vicious dog signs and dog in house? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a police officer tell me MANY owners are shocked when their VICIOUS dogs turn to mush when a burglar tosses them a stick ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Have you had a break-in with vicious dog signs and dog in house?

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Have you had a break-in with vicious dog signs and dog in house?

I had a police officer tell me MANY owners are shocked when their VICIOUS dogs turn to mush when a burglar tosses them a stick of beef jerky.

Unless you dog is trained to protect... a bark is all you might get, which is more than my dog will do!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

No signs. No need for them. People who approach my door, often never make it all of the way too the door.... before they turn around and leave. The Fed Ex and UPS guys, have told me that there is never a need for me to meet them at the door for anything, they'll just leave it on the porch and then knock and leave.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I would agree. I have a German shepherd that barks and growls when anyone is near our yard or door with her hair standing up like she means business. But I could see her being best friends with the bg if they gave her some meat. I should test this theory, any takers?

I do want to train her for protection but that is very expensive, unless anyone here has some good DIY advice and tips.

I have two redbone dobbies in my house to alert me of something amiss on our property. If someone cracks the door, if they get their nose in the crack the rest of them is coming through.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links