Donít forget the BEDROOM door!

This is a discussion on Donít forget the BEDROOM door! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't want a door blocking my sight picture of an intruder. In my house, the intruder must come to me down a hallway, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Donít forget the BEDROOM door!

I don't want a door blocking my sight picture of an intruder. In my house, the intruder must come to me down a hallway, and from my bed I can aim and fire without ever getting out of bed.

I'm not getting out of bed unless it's a fire, or I have to let the police and coroner in to pick up a body.

Anything else can be taken care of in the AM with a call to the insurance company.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by scout706 View Post
    They make a security screen sized for a silding glass door. It's hinged instead of sliding and ours has a deadlock as well as a deadbolt. You can fold it out of the way for the day, and lock
    it down at night. Makes my wife feel much more secure. In addition, the master bath has a huge deep tiled tub as part of the shower, in the event of an emergency she is to hunker down in the tub with her 870, and the dogs. The door leading to the bathroom is a solid oak door, with the appropriate locks( I forgot how deep I set them, but they're deep). Once in the tub,
    door locked she is only to open it for me(with the appropriate words, or the police(she is not to open the door to the police unless instructed to by the 911 operator). My plan may not be
    to everyone's liking, but it's the best I could come up with, given our situation.

Tom
    Can you recall a brand name or a link to this product? I've searched and don't see anything like that with which you described. Thanks for the responses.

Just a thought here:

If you sleep upstairs or you have a long hallway they have to come down, why not get a steel bar security door?

Security & Storm Doors at Menards
    (link is just an example)

You can still see and hear what is going on but have a decent barrier that looks nice. When I get a house, that is my plan. Even if it only holds them for 30 seconds, that's 30 extra seconds and you did try to stop them yet again before having to shoot them.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I have a friend who has the same kinds of gates over her sliding doors as you see on gun shops. They lay behind the drapes so you would never know they are there when they are opened.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I want a heavy door at the top of the stairs of our split level. It would be left open most of the time. (hmm, how about steel plate on the bottom half.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links