Traveling through TN HELP

This is a discussion on Traveling through TN HELP within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm sure with enough digging I could find my answers, however I am leaving SC for TN in a couple of hours and need to ...

Thread: Traveling through TN HELP

Traveling through TN HELP

I'm sure with enough digging I could find my answers, however I am leaving SC for TN in a couple of hours and need to know in what way should I carry my handgun in my vehicle. My CWP license doesn't come in the mail until Jan 6th so for now I'm a joe schmo. Thanks for your help in advance!

2. Remove Ads

When I moved here a year and a half ago, I called the state police to ask the same question. They told me that until I had a permit, any guns in my vehicle needed to be unloaded with the gun and ammo stored separately from each other. I would recommend calling them to ask just for your own piece of mind.

Distinguished Member
    here's a good starting point.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

just took a look on the web and it says you need a permit even to open carry. I have no way of knowing if this is right i would view the link phreddy gave you.

good luck
    ruger91

NRA member

Links