School Security in Israel

School Security in Israel

This is a discussion on School Security in Israel within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nothing more shall be said by me. Lucky you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: School Security in Israel

Post School Security in Israel

Nothing more shall be said by me. Lucky you

I hate that it is to the point where that seems reasonable, but as a father of two young children I just don't know any more.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    Excellent use for a M1 carbine!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Personally, I prefer concealed. If there are enough of these long guns visible, it would certainly deter the young crazies.

It's time that we trained teachers like airline pilots,concealed handguns and for Principals/people in a lockable office Colt LE6920 with double mags ready to go locked in a wall mount like in cruisers inside a locked cabinet,these chicken livered punks would never have the nads to hit a target that they would very possibly die before ever getting off a shot.
    Instead of banning guns we need to be doing National training for Teachers/Administrators in not only K-12 but even Colleges and Universities,any place that attracts large numbers of people need covert carriers mingled in to allow for an immediate response to any gunfire.
    Rock and Glock, oneshot and mprp like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The more we can introduce "risk" into the equation the more we will deter such criminals. At such point as the likelihood of any success is out weighed by death and failure, we could well see our Country begin healing.
    10thmtn and gasmitty like this.

I do believe that we should start having some form of protection in our schools to protect our children. Either have some of the faculty trained in firearms use and allowed to carry concealed or have armed security guards on duty at all times......in which you would have to add this approach into your school budget.

I know this is way off topic, but I couldn't help noticing that everybody in that picture appears to of a "normal" weight.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yep, that's off topic.

All willing teachers and coaches should be armed AND trained. In my area most won't be because they're liberal anti's. The press would have a fit.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Crime Time: Texas school superintendent: Disarming faculty, staff invites mass shootings

One small school district in Texas doesn't care about image, only about results and safety...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

PM
    The thing we need to remember about Israel is that teacher is a military vet. It is my understanding that EVERY ONE in that nation spends two years, mandated by law, in the Isreali defense force. I will bet she could get the kids to cover (assuming the kids did not do so in auto-pilot) and take the shot to perps head in one movement.
    Do we have teachers, coachs, administrative staff that are willing to do the training required to shot 300 out of 300 in the perp and not in mykid or yours. While I agree we need to have armed protection for our kid; I also want to have those armed able to shot under stress. I am sorry even IDPA is not a real shooting situation. Those paper targets are not shooting back. Maybe the best training is paint ball; at least the perp(s) is/are shooting at you. One can set up any type of scenarios; from active shooter to home invasion to whatever.

VIP Member
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

Ask the parents of any school kid in Israel if they are ever really fearful of something evil happening to their child.

Then ask the parents of any school kid in almost any other country the same question.

Then we will have our answer, won't we, as to what the SANE thing to do.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I know this is way off topic, but I couldn't help noticing that everybody in that picture appears to of a "normal" weight.
    Okay, I'll get back on topic.

The guy I train self-defense with continues to pound into us that if you stay on defense long enough, eventually something will get through. You have to defend just long enough to allow you to go on offense to end the threat. Wherever there's a realistic possibility of a threat, unless the defenses are absolutely impenetrable, there has to be an option of an offense.
    niks likes this.

IIRC, the Haaretz news agency reported back in 2008 that it was proposed that the number of armed guards should be drastically reduced or done away with at schools. Can't find the article now. Does anyone know what's still done, in Israel?

As for the reporting and politically-charged labels applied to the crime, the 2012 Toulouse school attack by a murderer back in March (in France) shows a good example of what Israeli news typically calls such things: murders and terrorist attacks, instead of the pointless term "gun violence." And they focus on the facility/procedures that allowed the assailant to gain entry, beefing up of security, making practical inroads to finding/guarding against such people beforehand, and what practical steps can reduce the chances of failure next time. Quite a refreshing difference, to see sanity in reporting when it turns out the attacker just so happened to be armed with this or that tool.
    Rock and Glock and oneshot like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I bet the grade curve would go back up too. And I don't mean by lowering the standards.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links