Here's one for the good guys

This is a discussion on Here's one for the good guys within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Video Landing Page - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro UPDATE: Coroner identifies man shot at South Denby Avenue home » Evansville Courier & Press ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Here's one for the good guys

Video Landing Page - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

UPDATE: Coroner identifies man shot at South Denby Avenue home » Evansville Courier & Press

79 year old grandfather in our town protecting his granddaughter and himself against a punk. I read the comments under the paper's story and was blown away (though I guess I shouldn't have been) by the comments saying if guns were banned, the poor kid would still be alive. I just can't understand some people.

2. Remove Ads

I read the comments as well. Some people will never understands that you have the right and duty to defend yourself and your family from punks like this. Thankfully most of the comments rightly defended the grandfather.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

What a joke, the kid would still be alive but the grandfather would have been hurt or even killed.

mrm
    I don't have a heart condition and I'm still not going to let some sorry ass hit me with a stun gun
    ruger91 likes this.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

The little thug got exactly what he deserved.
    He won't be beating any more little girls or threatening any more old men.
    Good riddance to the rubbish...I hope the elderly gentleman can get by this.

Maybe someday I'll share with you how I really feel about the evil thugs that roam our society.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How can someone defend a thug-would-be-killer who is threatening to kill a young girl and an elderly person, people can be so blind to reality. Amazing!
    ep1953 likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The old man did a good job, there won't be any court expense and no free medical and room and board for the punk to be paid by the taxpayers.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Hooray for us old guys, its true don't push us to far
    Jaybm and StarPD45 like this.

VIP Member
    My fav comment was

Give this 79yo a security job at a local school. He already has an impressive resume.
    StarPD45 and Paymeister like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    How can someone defend a thug-would-be-killer who is threatening to kill a young girl and an elderly person, people can be so blind to reality. Amazing!
    The same people that think it's ok for guys to beat on girls,and listen to music that degrades females,and then think that is how females deserved to be treated,until some Old Schooler takes them into the real world classroom,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

She said "I don't understand, he wasn't a violent person, he made us all laugh". How by beating a 17 year old girl. If any low lifes out there feel they must beat little girls please avoid doing it in front of their grandfather or things might not work out the way you planned.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    She said "I don't understand, he wasn't a violent person, he made us all laugh". How by beating a 17 year old girl. If any low lifes out there feel they must beat little girls please avoid doing it in front of their grandfather or things might not work out the way you planned.
    But he was a good boy who didn't deserve to die!! That's what all the relatives of the low life punks that wind up DRT say. JUST ONCE I would like to hear little Billy's cousin go on TV and say "YES he was a no good punk and got what he deserved" but I ain't holding my breath.

Before my wife and I got married we used to meet in Evansville, it was our half way point. Got to know the town quite well. My step-son actually went to ITT in Newburgh.

For some reason the now dead punks family can't believe he was such a dirt bag. It's always the denial that their kid has the potential to do something that cost them their life. Almost makes a person ill.

I'm sad that this Grandfather had to shoot and kill someone to save not only his life but that of his grand daughter. But when it came down to it, he did what had to be done.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

PM
    But Mr. Gee was first Tenor in his church choir! He was getting himself back to the straight and narrow; who am I kidding he was a punk who should listen to a 79 year old grandfather and not threaten a 79 yo (who dimes to doughnuts was a war vet) with a stun gun!!

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    But he was a good boy who didn't deserve to die!! That's what all the relatives of the low life punks that wind up DRT say. JUST ONCE I would like to hear little Billy's cousin go on TV and say "YES he was a no good punk and got what he deserved" but I ain't holding my breath.
    I nave actually read a few cases like that. Definitely not the majority, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links