Wrong House!

This is a discussion on Wrong House! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by NMB Whatever you say feinstein. Drugs dont commit crime, people do. People ON drugs do....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Wrong House!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    Whatever you say feinstein.

Drugs dont commit crime, people do.
    People ON drugs do.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

u can have your drug user's but not in my country I serve and protect. I'll keep my guns till you get rid of every single gram of every single drug that's not legal and there's many that are legal that shouldn't be used as well reguardless of the situation they may help with. and there's other theropy that those odd ball people can take other than drugs. anyone try hypnotics before? I truely beleive that many people would still be alive today if they weren't taking so many pills that counteract each others side affects.

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Old Vet. Seems You have a difficult time understanding the difference between treatment using drugs and the vast problem of "drug abuse." I have no qualms with anything being used--in moderation-- to treat PTSD, or for those who truely need MJ for medical reasons (and if you think all those folks in CA really need it you're just trying to fool yourself), but this country is being torn apart by the rampant use of illegal drugs and the associated crime that goes with it. Your correct!
    You forgot alcohol
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by justintimeagain View Post
    u can have your drug user's but not in my country I serve and protect. I'll keep my guns till you get rid of every single gram of every single drug that's not legal and there's many that are legal that shouldn't be used as well reguardless of the situation they may help with. and there's other theropy that those odd ball people can take other than drugs. anyone try hypnotics before? I truely beleive that many people would still be alive today if they weren't taking so many pills that counteract each others side affects.
    Well Ill keep my guns past that point cuz i like em if nothing else and I have the right too But I can go along with even legal drugs causing problems. There are heart medicines I have to take end of story or its well ehhh end of story for me anyway. But one of those I had taken for years backfired and nearly killed me. Lack of testing that was supposed to be done for someone taking that drug not being done was the culprit but that lays on the doc not me. Ive seen my wife who has heart problems be given at least one muscle relaxer for neck spasms she had taken before but her meds had changed and it interacted with everything she was taking now with horrible results.
    I wont go as far as to say no drugs should be available to those who need em. Some of us would be on slabs with toe tags without them. I will go along with the idea that the new breed of doctor spends a lot less time looking at what your already taking before they toss something new in the mix that might kill you than say docs 20 yrs ago.
    Still keeping my guns though even if the drugs are all gone cuz there will still be just plain old no good for nothin waste of somebody elses air around.

It's amazing how us as a civilization wish to destroy one another. Hell I'm truely suprised that obumer hasn't decided to legalize all drugs. he still lets the people on wellfare get drugs with my money, beer and cigs too. it's too bad cause you can control drugs... like you can control guns....right from the source. plain and simple. Oh one other thing, give out rewards to those that turn people in that sell or do drugs for those that are illegal. See how fast crime would come to a hault.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

It's amazing how us as a civilization wish to destroy one another. Hell I'm truely suprised that obumer hasn't decided to legalize all drugs. he still lets the people on wellfare get drugs with my money, beer and cigs too. it's too bad cause you can control drugs... like you can control guns....right from the source. plain and simple. Oh one other thing, give out rewards to those that turn people in that sell or do drugs for those that are illegal. See how fast crime would come to a hault.
    Thats pretty self evident. Strapping on a gun wont make you do stuff you wouldnt normally do just by the act of strapping it on. Taking certain drugs will. Taking them to excess for sure will.
    In a perfect world I guess a druggie could work enough to afford his habit go home get ripped as he she wants and as long as they dont bother someone else more power to em as far as im concerned.
    But the world isnt perfect. Druggies cant afford their habits turn to crime to feed their habit or deal support it or just to make money. I see where the drug war makes millionaires out of illegal drug runners and dealers. Anything you ban or say you might will go up in price. And if people want it they will get it.
    The difference is we have a right to self defense and to be armed. I dont think theres a right in the Constitution to party till you puke and kill someone to get the money to do it.

It's amazing how us as a civilization wish to destroy one another. Hell I'm truely suprised that obumer hasn't decided to legalize all drugs. he still lets the people on wellfare get drugs with my money, beer and cigs too.
    A you forgot free phones.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Re: Wrong House!

Well this is an interedting conversation. Lemme shed some light on somethinfs here.. Just because some form of medications help people with sometuings does not always make it a safe habit. And it is a habit. Perscribed narcotic use still gets you addicted. And even though narcotics through perscription are legal its become a rampant plague for our society.

The real problems here arent ones Im gna argue here because they go towards the heart of medicine. You feel some drugs should be legalized... thats great but some drugs are illegal for a reason. And even the most mild of drug... lets say MJ is addictive. Maybe not chemically but pyschologically.
    People have these things tear thier lives apart... alcohol... ciigarettes... drugs... they all ruin lives believe it or not and they cost you and I billions yearly. We struggle with * in moderation* because we are left to govern ourselves. I see this everyday.... we want the right to do what we want... but never wanna talk about the reprocussions.

ER Technician... 10 years. And your drug counselors are wrong... kids getting drunk and smoking cigrattes hasnt improved anything.. more abundant supply of meth... acid...LSD... cocaine... heroine... none of that will have a positive outcome on our children.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    gasmitty and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow247 View Post
    Like I said earlier, they are in the minority.

So anyone who has ever smoked pot deserves to rot in jail? Say goodbye to 1 in 10 people you know, because 1 in 10 people use marijuana, and it's not going away anytime soon. If you work in a company of more than 40 people, then there are probably at least 2 people in your company that smoke pot.
    No, but people who engage in antisocial behavior to support their drug habit deserve to be in jail. Sadly, there are far too many of them out here in the Phoenix area, as I have found out from unfortunate first-hand circumstances.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

sounds like the homeowner did what he needed to do to ensure his family's safety.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    2A says I have gun rights, but, well, when some hopped up crackie makes your life miserable, just remember--you think he has the right to be that way. Hummm? Whether you view me as a "prohibitionist" or not, there are some things that just shouldn't be allowed. I suppose you feel there should be no laws to prohibit anything?
    Those that want to ban "120 evil assault weapons" also argue some things just shouldn't be allowed. Also keep in mind that many drugs that start out being prescription only by the FDA end up as over the counter drugs.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Those that want to ban "120 evil assault weapons" also argue some things just shouldn't be allowed. Also keep in mind that many drugs that start out being prescription only by the FDA end up as over the counter drugs.
    And many don't. those that do are often a watered-down version of the perscription one. So what's your point, that anyone and everyone should be able to take as much of any dangerous drug as they wish--because it's their "Right"?

If people desire to fry their brains on their own property and never bother anyone else they are welcome to it. But if they come looking in my house to obtain some goodies to sell to do so, they have picked the wrong house as I will defend it. That's my Right!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Old Vet. Seems You have a difficult time understanding the difference between treatment using drugs and the vast problem of "drug abuse." I have no qualms with anything being used--in moderation-- to treat PTSD, or for those who truely need MJ for medical reasons (and if you think all those folks in CA really need it you're just trying to fool yourself), but this country is being torn apart by the rampant use of illegal drugs and the associated crime that goes with it. Your correct!
    Drugs are a crime because of the stupid stamp act of the 30s driven by racism of hispanics, along with the drug act in the 70s that made it a more serious crime and lumped weed in with all hard drugs. This has created an illegal industry and a huge logistics system capable of being the vessel for countless other evils smuggle into our lovely country. Without these stupid mistakes we would have no drug war and there would be no huge industry and although people might still do drugs there would not be the criminal network we see today. Same as prohibition creating a career for Al Capone. The money we waste on this drug war and the legal taxes we are not able to collect could pay for treatment 10 times over. But that's not what people want, an actual solution.

Funny how people see the point when talking about things they like or what is acceptable to their generation. They just go the legal route and kill themselves with prescription drugs, cigarettes and alcohol. By the way anyone that chain smokes is absolutely NO different in terms of addiction than the typical crack head or heroin addict. It's just not criminalized. But let people that think like Bloomberg and certain foods will be illegal too. For God's sake just let people be free and allow states and local levels manage their problems without the federal government who screws up everything they touch. Let the pot heads grow a plant in their garden, listen to the Dead and live in peace. Like said earlier in this thread the only thing they kill is a bag of Cheetos.
    Truckinbutch likes this.

VIP Member
    No doubt you feel all those abusers of cocaine, crack, heroin, and the like are outstanding contributors to our peaceful society.

If only they would remain in their gardens, listening to the Dead and living in peace--but they don't. They rob you at gunpoint, break into your homes, steal everything from your cars, take what we've earned through honest work. And that's the good points. Look at any area that's fallen to drugs. Nice neighborhoods we'd all like to live in, huh?

It's not so much that drugs are a crime, it's the users who commit crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No doubt you feel all those abusers of cocaine, crack, heroin, and the like are outstanding contributors to our peaceful society.

If only they would remain in their gardens, listening to the Dead and living in peace--but they don't. They rob you at gunpoint, break into your homes, steal everything from your cars, take what we've earned through honest work. And that's the good points. Look at any area that's fallen to drugs. Nice neighborhoods we'd all like to live in, huh?

It's not so much that drugs are a crime, it's the users who commit crimes.
    Lack of drugs is what causes these people to commit the crimes they do to get more drugs . Give them all the free drugs they want . No criminal profit incentive to drive crime . With unlimited access to free drugs that problem will soon cure it's self when they od . Rough justice ? YUP!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links