Wrong House!

Wrong House!

This is a discussion on Wrong House! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Home invasion suspect shot and killed during break-in By FOX 10 News - Staff Report PHOENIX - Police say a home invasion suspect was shot ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Wrong House!

Wrong House!

Home invasion suspect shot and killed during break-in
    By FOX 10 News - Staff Report

PHOENIX -
    Police say a home invasion suspect was shot and killed during an attempted break-in near 28th Avenue and Acoma Wednesday morning, just before 2 a.m.

According to police, the suspect went to one home and the owner heard the alarm in his truck go off. That homeowner grabbed baseball bat and went outside to find no one there, but witnessed the suspect acting in a bizarre way further down the street. He called 9-1-1 and watched what happened next.

PD: Home invasion suspect shot and killed during break-in
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And there are those who wish to legalize drugs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And they're the same ones wanting to criminalize self defense.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Sounds like a justified home defense situation. I hope the investigation doesn't turn up anything weird.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

1. Where did it say he was on drugs?
    2. Would it make you feel better if he was drunk?
    3. If there is a murder committed with a firearm is your retort "And there are those who wish to keep firearms legal"

Happy New Year
    tundra, Boozehound and Hopyard like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    "I went outside to see what was going on and the guy was standing by my garage, acting all kind of crazy..talking to himself, acting really weird," he said. "And then he went over to my neighbor's house, another neighbor's house..acting the same way..all kinds of crazy. And went over to the final house..was actually up by their front door and their windows..and the neighbor's dog starting going kind of crazy..and he was either barking at him or yelling at him or something."

Just my best guess.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

"I went outside to see what was going on and the guy was standing by my garage, acting all kind of crazy..talking to himself, acting really weird," he said. "And then he went over to my neighbor's house, another neighbor's house..acting the same way..all kinds of crazy. And went over to the final house..was actually up by their front door and their windows..and the neighbor's dog starting going kind of crazy..and he was either barking at him or yelling at him or something."

Just my best guess.
    Looks like a good one too!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

NMB
    A gun forum member, and a prohibitionist.....oh the irony.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

According to the report the home owner shot the BG three times while the BG was on the porch "appearing to pull a weapon out". I would not want to be in a position to justify that. Dont know exactly what went on but the fact that entry had not be made and a weapon might not have been present could be bad news depending upon the district attorney.

I have been thinking of hardening the entry points to my home, mostly my windows as the doors are secured and monitored via alarm. I'm doing it now. Just got a quote of about $2000 to put a impact resistant 3M film over all my windows. I will deffinetly hear somebody trying to get into my home and have a time to gather the family in a safe room and be at the ready with multiple shotguns, handguns, and rifles.

Police response time in my town is about three minutes. Hopefully they get there before the I have to send "00" buck down a coridor of death. If not I'll be ready and justified as nobody will be "mistakenly" trying to enter my home in the middle of the night.
    justintimeagain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    And they're the same ones wanting to criminalize self defense.
    Careful, that's way too logical. But they're not the same people. It's just the same stupid logic. Cold medicine, many of them, can cause the same thing. Being off your medication can also cause this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    A gun forum member, and a prohibitionist.....oh the irony.
    2A says I have gun rights, but, well, when some hopped up crackie makes your life miserable, just remember--you think he has the right to be that way. Hummm? Whether you view me as a "prohibitionist" or not, there are some things that just shouldn't be allowed. I suppose you feel there should be no laws to prohibit anything?
    justintimeagain likes this.

2A says I have gun rights, but, well, when some hopped up crackie makes your life miserable, just remember--you think he has the right to be that way. Hummm? Whether you view me as a "prohibitionist" or not, there are some things that just shouldn't be allowed. I suppose you feel there should be no laws to prohibit anything?
    I think the hypocrisy comes from the idea of using deadly force to prevent someone from harming themselves. The truth is that a vast portion of drug users do not ever harm anyone, it is only the minority of users we hear about.

Lest we forget the majority of mass-shootings have been perpetrated by people on LEGAL psycho-active drugs.

I happen have 2 in-laws who are very high level drug counselors, and they both believe drugs should be legalized and dealt with as a health problem rather than a criminal one, as do most of their colleagues in the profession.
    suntzu likes this.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

VIP Member
    That's a bit like treating Al Capone's syphilis and expecting him to be a nice guy afterwards.

Start with alcohol and I might agree with you
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

NMB
    Whatever you say feinstein.

Drugs dont commit crime, people do.
    suntzu and BigJon10125 like this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links