Which would you choose? - Page 3

Which would you choose?

This is a discussion on Which would you choose? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks for all your advice and opinions....kind of what I figured - six of one and half dozen of another. Right now I feel confident ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which would you choose?

Thanks for all your advice and opinions....kind of what I figured - six of one and half dozen of another. Right now I feel confident that my M&P 45 will do just fine. I have the Glock 17 that I can go to if my mood changes. Thanks again.

I have both a G21 and a 1911 in the nightstand. More is better. Both are currently stoked with Cor-Bon 185 GR +P DPX. When those are gone they will be stoked with Ranger T's that I have a good supply of.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    in a HD defense scenario,you are going to pick which of the loads in your revolver to use?or use them all until threat is stopped?Do you think you can select a round in a real life situation?

Why yes... yes I can. Thats one advantage of a revolver. You can mix n match the ammo. I use all three kind of revolver Smith, Colt, and Ruger. But mostly Smith. I know what way the cylinder will rotate. So I put snake shot as the first round. Second and third round I put .38 frangible ammo. fourth and fifth rounds are light weight .38 JHP's last three are 158gr JSP .357. If the snake shot dont make em stop... the frangible will do some real damage... not enough? More lethal .38 rounds... still persisting?... three heavy .357 to break some bones... If none of that works I go to my back-up... PRAYER!

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Why yes... yes I can. Thats one advantage of a revolver. You can mix n match the ammo. I use all three kind of revolver Smith, Colt, and Ruger. But mostly Smith. I know what way the cylinder will rotate. So I put snake shot as the first round. Second and third round I put .38 frangible ammo. fourth and fifth rounds are light weight .38 JHP's last three are 158gr JSP .357. If the snake shot dont make em stop... the frangible will do some real damage... not enough? More lethal .38 rounds... still persisting?... three heavy .357 to break some bones... If none of that works I go to my back-up... PRAYER!
    unless you are rotating the cylinder in a HD scenario to select a specific round, you are not really selecting a round, just shooting to stop the threat.You are just progressing from less effective rounds to more effective, rather than using most effective from the start. I could load a magazine the same way.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    During all the work related SD/Firearms courses I’ve taken all of the instructors have always suggested: “If you ever need to deploy your sidearm in any Life Threatening SD scenario and discharge, to insure your advisory is totally incapacitated. Keep firing upon your attacker until your firearm TOTALLY runs dry”!

So if I CCW outside the house for personal or professional reasons, I always CCW this and, while I'm indoors, it is always within reach

more-than-a-clip.jpg

I nick named it Dianne Ah

It is hard to answer the actual question that the OP asked. This is because I don't have dedicated home defense guns. My carry guns are the same as my home defense guns.

These range from 8/12/15/17 rd 9mm's, to 7/13 rd 45's, to 5 shot 357's. However, the 17 rd 9 and 13 rd 45 are put in the center of the quick access safe, so that in the event I am woken up, I will more than likely be putting my hand on either one of those, and picking up a spare mag at the same time.

Either one will/should do the job if I do what I am supposed to. Like others have said, it is a coin toss, as long as you can shoot either one, and they both function like they are supposed to.

I would be more inclided suggest getting your wife started in shooting, and which ever one she would be more comfortable with is the one I would go for.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links