Gun Position in Bedroom - Page 3

Gun Position in Bedroom

This is a discussion on Gun Position in Bedroom within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't keep my gun within two steps of my bed because I want to be sure I'm fully awake when I get there! On ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gun Position in Bedroom

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I don't keep my gun within two steps of my bed because I want to be sure I'm fully awake when I get there! On it is a flash light, and extra ammo. Under it is slip on shoes. Bumps in the night usually involve going outside around here! I have survived raising 6 boys so I want to be awake enough to ID anything in front of me. DR
    Smilinswordsman likes this.

FAS1 SAFE

That's the way it comes (FAS1). If you have a light on your handgun you just order the one with that type holster(FAS1-TL).

If You have a .357 or .44 Magnum you order the FAS1-Magnum

1352565721917-818656708.jpeg

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Amazon has several bed mate type rigs on there site, I put a magnet on the front of the drawer of my night stand that way I can have what the weapon of choice is

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    Good setup! Who makes the safe? How did you attach the holster?
    NEW FAS1-MAGNUM NOW AVAILABLE FOR YOUR LARGE FRAME REVOLVER!
    Available with Standard or TL Holster instead of Magnum Holster. Just specify in the Special Instructions of your order
    FAS1 SAFE, LLC
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

In a shoulder holster that hangs on my bed post with the pistol in drawing positon from my side of the bed. Honestly if they have made it into my bedroom before I know it its probably going to be a toss up to get it fast enough but cant sleep with it in my hand

Nobody that knows me at all much less a good friend would be dumb enough to come into my house unannounced at night or day for that matter.. Nobody has a key either. For their own good.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have two bedside weapons, a XD40 on the nightstand and a 12 ga in a bedside rack that is fitted between the matress and box spring.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Pistol #1 is in the bed if I'm home alone, in the holster.
    Pistol #2 (& extra mag) is under the bed slightly on the side where I can roll off the bed to the ground so that I can have a concealment area with the bed blocking visibility from the door way.
    AK - Is leaning on the night stand ready to rock & roll on nights I'm feeling weary.

Can you tell I sleep alone a lot? Ha!
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

I can rule out IWB...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

When home alone, holstered under a body pillow beside of me. When the family is home, holstered on top of a tall chest of drawers a step from the bed.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    When home alone, holstered under a body pillow beside of me. When the family is home, holstered on top of a tall chest of drawers a step from the bed.
    I don't know how old your kids are, but I hate seeing these stories when they are easily prevented. I know it's probably one in a million and there are many factors, but why take that chance?

Texas boy, 4, kills 3-year-old brother with mom's gun - Houston Chronicle

"Police say the youngsters were in their mother's bedroom while she was in another part of the house. Police say the woman had put the handgun on top of a chest of drawers, thinking the weapon was out of the children's reach.

Police say the 4-year-old boy managed to get the gun and shoot his little brother."

Man that is risky for your friend to just walk into your house unannounced. Anyway before my wife got pregnant I used to keep my gun on the nightstand but now since we have our now two year old daughter I keep my gun in a different place that I still can get immediately if I need to.

Gun Position in Bedroom

I bought a Blackhawk bedside holster. I keep my bed pistol in my safe and take it out before I go to bed and I also have light on my pistol. When I'm in bed the the bedspread, blanket, and sheets cover my pistol so it cannot be seen.

http://www.cabelas.com/holsters-belt...dextrous.shtml
    Last edited by Tony617; January 17th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Gun Magnet Fast Draw Safe Concealed Storage Holster Holder Hide Bed Desk Mount | eBay

Saw one of these on youtube and it looked like it worked great.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTurtle View Post
    Had a situation earlier (this morning actually) that got me thinking.

Early morning, I wake up to sounds coming from downstairs. Look over, and my fiancee is fast asleep next to me and no one, nor any pets, live with us. So I turn over and reach for my pistol that sits on the nightstand beside me. I am left handed, and the nightstand is on my left side, near the head of the bed which means I can't simply reach over and be able to cleanly grab it without some form of awkward movement, or turning over and grabbing it with my right hand, thus putting my back to the door until I can turn back over.

Turned out it was just a good friend of mine coming into town (who has a key to our house, thus very trusted), but it got me thinking - if I really need to, it is too awkward/cumbersome to reach for my gun in a hurry. I definitely do not like the idea of sleeping with the gun under the pillow or between the headrest and the mattress. I'm looking for suggestions on where to position the gun for easier access - moving the bed/layout is not quite an option due to needs of the fiancee I won't get into.
    I kept it cheap when I went with my option. Now first I must say I don't have kids or pets. It is just my GF and I. Uncle mikes makes this nylon holster that wedges in between the mattress and box spring that is universal for any gun. Although I normally have a full size hg in it and I don't think I could just put a smaller gun in it now as it seems stretched. But my full size fits fine and I have had no issue with it for the year or so that I have had it and it was like $23. There are also a lot of better looking bedside holsters available. It is located on my side of the bed and slips out with ease when I go to take it.

I also have a shotgun that rests comfortably under the bed for the GF to take while she waits for my return given we ever have to be in the sort of situation.

Anyway I would suggest a bedside holster.

I usually carry strong side about 3 o'clock in the bedroom as it doesn't seem to interfere with most positions.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links