Bedroom door: open or shut? - Page 3

Bedroom door: open or shut?

This is a discussion on Bedroom door: open or shut? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Open, so my German Shepard (sleeps next to me) has access to explore the house when there is a noise outside. He is a very ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Bedroom door: open or shut?

Open, so my German Shepard (sleeps next to me) has access to explore the house when there is a noise outside. He is a very good watch dog and alerts me to anyone or anything outside of the house.
    skew12 likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

So how many bad guys have you had come inside? You have a dog, probably have adequate locks on all doors to the outside...

Maybe you need in install motion sensors that detect people and not animals? I have that on the first floor and we sleep upstairs. The occupants of our bedroom are armed...

I see no problem here...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Our door stays open so we can hear our young children, and I guess anything else too. I'm not too worried about an intruder sneaking up though. My avatar will alert us to anything afoot.
    Walk softly ...

i love dogs

Open . Wife and I have our respective everyday carry pieces within arm's reach and our dog sleeping on a bench at the foot of the bed .

I cannot sleep in the bedroom with the misses she closes it.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Bedroom door: open or shut?

Closed. I have two cats that are very active at night. They're the reason that I have a bedside gun ;-)

———You can't always get what you want, but if you try you get what you need.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    I have to keep it open or one of my two dogs starts scratching and nudging at the door if it's closed till my wife or I open it.

This has been a pleasant break from all the Anti Gun Roderic now back to the 2A threads

Mine too stays open for my dogs to roam. They'll know of an intruder looooong before I do. I sleep far to heavy.

We keep it open. Always have.

Door closed, I have four dogs and squeaky hardwood floors, I can't move through the house at night without one or all of the dogs wanting to know whats up. Two dogs sleep down stairs and two are upstairs, thats just how things worked out, I love my dogs.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Door open, I want to be able to hear clearly what's going in elsewhere in the house.
    And for the dog to be able to come in and wake me if she feels 'nature' calling, she's a really BIG dog!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Open... no dogs, only 5 Gold fish between us and the entries, problem is, they tend to go to sleep once the lights are turned off.

So we get an audible alert via the outside motion sensors and motion lights if Zombies are even approaching our home and not yet to an entry point.

2nd, any door or window in garage or home that is breached immediatly sets off the alarm

Remote Panic wireless remote immediately summons local PD, (found out the hard way when I accidently meant to arm the systems from the bedroom one night, pushed the wrong button in the dark, I apoligized to local PD, but they were they with guns drawn in minutes)

In addition, we have a flashing Strobe light on the front of our home that tells PD or fire dept. where the problem is without having to look at adresses, very helpful when we are away.

3rd immediate access to 9mm AND a TK75 Fenix flashlight that burns the human retina and scrambles the brain on Strobe at 2600 Lumens hehe

No alarm no dog bedroom open in winter because I heat with a wood burner and dont want to freeze. Have a big cat, but he sleeps in the bed. Doubt hed even wake up. I dont sleep that much at night and getting into my house would make a lot of noise. Armed 24 7 so ill be making some noise of my own if anyone manages to get in.

Closed. Have an air conditioner and other things going on that make quite a bit of noise in the room. It's impossible for the door to open without making noise, however. Also in the process of putting alarms on the outside doors, but we have a dog that would love to wander the house and leave "presents" if we didn't close the door.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links