biometric rifle WALL safe? - Page 2

biometric rifle WALL safe?

This is a discussion on biometric rifle WALL safe? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you!!!! Now you know why I get others to help me think through things I really like the idea of taking a chance on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: biometric rifle WALL safe?

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Thank you!!!! Now you know why I get others to help me think through things

I really like the idea of taking a chance on hitting the pex line in the floor though, would make for an interesting afternoon.
    Now that is just plain mean You have NO idea (well, then maybe you do) the plex pipes sit in a concrete/sand matrix. Fixing that would be so ugly.....

At the same time, I am not a complete tool with wood. I made this: 006.jpg
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Looks very nice.

What time is dinnner?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Another brand - ShotLock. Quick pushbutton access.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

biometric rifle WALL safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    OK, been doing some re-thinking here.

Rather than put a Barska safe into the wall, I could buy another free-standing gun safe (like an 8 or 14 gun size). But then, how do you anchor it to keep any thieves from simply picking is up and carrying it away, or using a dolly to get it out of the house? I know that some safes have a hole or three in the bottom to bolt them into the floor--however, my house has radiant floor heating--so, I don't want to drill thru one of the pex-pipes for the heating system--that would be ugly, as well and embarassing and costly.

Any bright ideas out there??
    Hmm I want to get one of those Barska safes as well.. Let me know what you end up doing
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I am a big fan of a wall safe. In fact, I am thinking of two. One small one in the bed room for hand guns and limited stuff. The other, is something that I saw I a historic home similar to mine. They took the brick lined coal bin (6 by 12 room) and put a custom safe door on it for their wine collection. I don't drink wine...

I like biometric as long as there is a backup. My wife wife wants full access to all the guns incase someone breaks into the house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links