do your neighbors know - Page 5

do your neighbors know

This is a discussion on do your neighbors know within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet No I don't, but I don't hide or advertise it either. If they see me walk out with a gun case ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: do your neighbors know

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No I don't, but I don't hide or advertise it either. If they see me walk out with a gun case in hand, so be it.
    ^
    Same here.

i live in a duplex and am good friends with out neighbor. the others are mutual but are on their own haha. and i told them i have guns and always have a gun on me and they have no problem. in fact i recently talked my neighbor into getting a gun to protect his family and he decided on a mossberg 500 picked it up today. am planning on taking him out shooting to see what hes got.

VIP Member
    My next door neighbor knows because we're of like mind. But that's the only one. Oh, and I know the neighbor across from me likes shooting because I saw him tote out a homemade target stand with a bunch of targets.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I guess I would much rather advertise that I will NOT be a victim if they or their friends get any ideas. I guess thats my way of thinking though

Jeff

Ran into a gentleman at the range today and he was saying how he wished he could have brought his AR instead of just his .22. Turns out he lives on my street about an 1/8th of a mile away. Small world.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Nope

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I don't trust many people in my neighborhood so no I haven't told anyone.

Even if I wanted to tell them I wouldn't have much luck. Most of my neighbors are from another country and very few appear to understand and speak the English language.

No one. 1 friend of mine knows i have concealed carry. No one else needs to know.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future

Senior Moderator
    I dont have any neighbors.

I do have a pretty fair "killing zone" around my house. The deer heads and turkey fans are testimony.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Well, my next door neighbor's son just trotted over and told me he was taking his CCW class. One more for us! Yay!
    Burns likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I have one neighbor that knows, he told me first one day. Our neighborhood has garages and alleys at the back of the house and I noticed someone move in diagonally from us with 2 giant gun safes a couple weeks ago. Haven't asked yet.

I introduce myself and I'm as neighborly as can be, but, not unlike your neighborhood with 'scattered rental properties', I will not let anyone outside of my circle know I carry or that I have guns at all. Being neighborly is one thing, but trust is earned.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff310 View Post
    I live in a great little town, 1/2 a block away from the house I grew up in. The neighborhood hasnt changed much in 30 years. We are a close neighborhood, we look out for each other. There are a few rental house in the neighborhood, so we get some new neighbors every year or so. So, with that being said; do you introduce yourself to the new neighbors and let them know that you pack heat and you have guns? Who do you guys tell?

Jeff
    There are a lot of homes and apartments around me. I have recently thrown a savage and rem long gun boxes out into recycling so I suppose someone knows.

I am sure most can figure it out as much as we leave early in the AM in full Camo to go hunting and playing with the dog in the yard with a duck. But the only one I have told is the single older lady next door, cause she has been broken into and I wanted her to know that if anyting is every wrong she can come to safety next door. She may have shared this with her daughter and grandchildren as well as I put them on the invite list. I have several cops in the neighborhood and most of them know as we have discussed other crime issues in the neighborhood, but they have no clue what I have in the safe.

Yes. My neighbors know that I have guns. They don't know where in the house they are. Even if they did, they would not be able to get to them.

One of my neighbors warned some homeless guy who was sleeping under my porch that I am heavily armed. He grabbed his gear and we have not seen him in our neighborhood. I did not find out until a month after the incident.
    Recon1342 likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links