do your neighbors know - Page 6

do your neighbors know

This is a discussion on do your neighbors know within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I tell no one. Concealed means just that. It also means my neighbors don't need to know and that I do not advertise that I ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: do your neighbors know

I tell no one. Concealed means just that. It also means my neighbors don't need to know and that I do not advertise that I have guns in the house. Although here in AZ it's tough to find a house that doesn't have at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff310 View Post
    I live in a great little town, 1/2 a block away from the house I grew up in. The neighborhood hasnt changed much in 30 years. We are a close neighborhood, we look out for each other. There are a few rental house in the neighborhood, so we get some new neighbors every year or so. So, with that being said; do you introduce yourself to the new neighbors and let them know that you pack heat and you have guns? Who do you guys tell?

Jeff
    I have never told my neighbors that I pack or have guns, but they sure as hell do know. They've heard me shoot many different kinds of guns in the back yard. They've seen me open carry around the yard. They've seen me loading guns into my vehicles. Oh, yeah... they know.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Silence is golden.

I didnt have to tell my neighbors...the great old state of NY did when they called them all for our pistol permits....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they know!!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Our family knows and a few friends. We live out in the county so the know we have guns because we shoot a lot, no no they don't know we have our ccw.
    Becky
    XDs .45
    Nano 9mm

I may be a girl, but I can protect myself!

My close freinds know, and my neighbors know to call the cops if they hear shots. That is all that I let them know.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

I can only see one house from my house, and only when the leaves have fallen. We are the only two houses on our "No Outlet" road. I have know them as good friends for 40 years & we're even in the same Sunday School Class at church. I've built rifles & tuned handguns for him. When the wife thought someone was trying to break-in (husband was working swing-shift) she called me before she called 911, 'cause she knew I'd be over with a light-mounted shotgun wayyy faster than the sheriff's boys could arrive. (I waited 'till they rolled-up & told 'em where I had already looked. They thanked me & I walked home) In fact, I told the husband that if I heard ever shootin', anytime, under any circumstances & I wasn't invited to join in...I was calling the sheriff myself! So yeah, my neighbors know. But, around here, the real tiny minority are the folks who DON'T own, shoot & carry guns. It's almost cultural. Yep, Mr. President, we're still hangin'-on to our bibles & our guns 'round heah'. And I really hope you realize that any Executive Order to the contrary isn't gonna' suddenly...change our minds!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Administrator

knuckleheads
    "Just blame Sixto"

Most my neighbors have deduced that i pack heat. They see me unload hogs and deer in the yard to be skinned and butchered. Last year a coyote marked my truck by defecating on the cab. I put some spoiled meat and three leg hold traps in the back of the truck. Our dog woke me with her barking and i killed the coyote with a crossbow and a blunt. The neighbor had come out for her paper and saw me kill the coyote. After her referencing helpless animals in traps and execution i admitted to shooting wild hogs in traps. She does not speak to me anymore and thats ok.
    Bark'n and DPro.40 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    ........ i killed the coyote with a crossbow and a blunt. .......
    never mind
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Many of my neighbors know. That's ok with me though - I know they've got them too.

A lot of people shoot on their properties out here which can be frustrating since some of the people out here have no sense of firearm safety. I've got a bullet hole in the back of my house (from the someone on the street behind me is my best guess) And the neighbor a couple properties down sent a couple rounds into a building on the property in front of me (negilentially) not long ago.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    Many of my neighbors know. That's ok with me though - I know they've got them too.

A lot of people shoot on their properties out here which can be frustrating since some of the people out here have no sense of firearm safety. I've got a bullet hole in the back of my house (from the someone on the street behind me is my best guess) And the neighbor a couple properties down sent a couple rounds into a building on the property in front of me (negilentially) not long ago.
    Yep, Florida is worse than the Wild West ever since they passed that stand-your-ground thing. ;-)
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Lol it's not stand your ground when there's not a bad guy in front of you!

I open carry at home all the time. Granted my property is spacious and the neighbors aren't terribly close, but if I do head over to the fence to talk to one or take the trash out, I still open carry. I've actually had a couple of the ladies on the road say they're considering a gun and ask me for some advice re picking one out. I think that's pretty cool and try to encourage based on their needs/wants, not necissarily what I like. Whenever someone tries to start talking guns with my husband his response is you need to talk to my wife, she's the one interested...

I don't advertise it on my car or with signs on my property (although I've seen some signs that I love) but I don't go out of my way to hide it either, unless I'm going into public (where I'm required by law to)

Nope. Not a peep. A few of us with the same interest know but we don't advertise.
    killam1357 likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    With all the gunfire emanating from my property, they probably suspect.
    +100 dude!
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links