do your neighbors know - Page 7

do your neighbors know

This is a discussion on do your neighbors know within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bet when the shtf we will all be surprised who does and who doesn't....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: do your neighbors know

I bet when the shtf we will all be surprised who does and who doesn't.
    S&W 640-3

I'm lucky to have good, like minded neighbors.
    srings likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff310 View Post
    I live in a great little town, 1/2 a block away from the house I grew up in. The neighborhood hasnt changed much in 30 years. We are a close neighborhood, we look out for each other. There are a few rental house in the neighborhood, so we get some new neighbors every year or so. So, with that being said; do you introduce yourself to the new neighbors and let them know that you pack heat and you have guns? Who do you guys tell?

Jeff
    They have no need to know.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by 640girl View Post
    I bet when the shtf we will all be surprised who does and who doesn't.
    This.

CANT
    killam1357 and gatorbait51 like this.

Mine know we hunt , one (so probably all)know I ccw sometimes. So what? Whats the point? Many do in the country. I just let 'em know if they hear any gunshots from our property its probably a skunk or chipmunk getting eliminated. I don't subscribe to the macho bs associated with some who ccw. I carried alot more when living near a big city. Different out here in the rural areas. But ya never know what you might face. Most likely a firearm might be needed to put down the deer that just became a hood ornament than used against a BG.I also carry a sharp knife and big garbage bags to put that venison in the trunk. Road kill can still yield some good steaks, lol...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Only one ex military guy in the neighborhood knows. He is like minded, & it would be impossible to hide from him. My place is private. No one can see me load up. I know others around me have guns as I hear them shoot. My two closest neighbors, one is a retired recluse, & the other is a Dingbat Lady. I ain't tellin nuthin!

My gun range has had cameras for some time. Trying to change ordinances the County can inspect the films. Signing in they can figure out who you are & see what you got. In the present political climate I am not comfortable with that!.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

We belong to a couple large motorcycle 'groups' and we own 2 rather LARGE dogs so our neighbors really do not talk to us very much.

(don't know if it's the bikes or dogs)

We do make a lot of vinyl stickers and embroidered patches for our friends so they have an idea...........

LotsaPatches.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

You just told me...hehe
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Nope...my physical neighbors don't know. However my family and good friends know and even some people that I work with know that I own firearms and have a CHL, but not that I carry. I'm always trying to convert friends who are either anti-gun or gun-neutral to come to the good side of the shooting sports and personal defense. I'm also trying to get those who are pro-2nd Amendment to purchase a firearm and get some skin in the game. In order to do all three of those scenarios, I've got to tell my story (not all of it) but some or most of it when it comes to owning firearms. I also get them to range so that they can experience first hand the fun of shooting a handgun.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I don't have close neighbors and there aren't any rentals here. I hear them shooting, they hear me shooting. Aside from that, we don't really talk about what we have or shoot together.

We all pretty much keep to ourselves unless one another needs help. My street is a little over a mile long with five houses on it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I honestly don't think any of my neighbors know I own firearms, let alone carry. I am purposely very covert about it. If I head out to the range, I always take care to load my gun cases into the vehicle while it's still in the garage, with the door closed. I like my neighbors, but I mainly don't want to advertise my firearms to their kids. Kids don't always make the brightest decisions. I don't want their kids to tell their 'friends' that the neighbor across the way has 'all kinds of guns in his house'. The less they know, the safer I feel.
    gatorbait51 and BigCityChief like this.

The houses in either direction from me are all armed very well.

Left (Texas transplant) open carries
    Diagonal left ( good old southern boy) conceal carries but prints badly
    Diagonal right ( plumber) carries
    Right 2 houses military pilot ( open carries)
    Direct right ( southern boy) has been known to open carry a rifle to target shoot behind the next property. Open farm land.

Guns and such are common Friday night conversation around the fire pit.

We live in a very nice neighborhood however we are all from areas that have had problems. No worries about my direct neighbors. Not so forth coming with others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I don't let mine know who i really am.On my days off,i'm secretly training to be a double knot spy lol.

I never tell anyone anything, that is "why the good Lord gave you two ears and one mouth" so you can listen twice as much as you talk. You will be surprised what you will be able to learn.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links