Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House - Page 2

Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House

This is a discussion on Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by sebring I would have went to get my gun also, seeing the guy was right outside your window. Just dont do a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House

Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    I would have went to get my gun also, seeing the guy was right outside your window. Just dont do a zimmerman.
    I do believe that I would have more discretion than Z. I'm not going out blazing with the Smith just because I see someone I do not know in the yard next door. We supposedly have a "neighbourhood watch" group but I have never taken the opportunity to look into it.

I am very aware that things can and do get ugly considering the flow of adrenaline and not having any sense about what you are about to do. I think I'm good in that respect.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    In my attempt at gentle decorum, I was being subtle. How can you draw down on anyone when your gun is in your safe?
    I understand.

While I am away at work, I cannot carry my firearm, it isn't allowed since I work for the County. I had just came home and was preparing to go to the gym. Since the burglary, we invested in a gun safe to protect ALL of our valuables not just the remaining firearms the thug was unable to cart off. He decently left me the Mosin-Nagant because he had his hands and pockets full of my guns that he found. He did not get all of them thankfully.

I got the gun out of the safe because I did not know why the guy was there and if I needed to confront him, I was certainly not doing it unarmed. I could have retrieved my 42 inch Katana sword from the safe and lopped off a hand or other appendage should I have to confront someone, but felt the gun might be more effective.

Like I have tried to convey, I'm still nervous over the burglary and I seriously want 5 minutes with the maggot should he ever be caught. End of burglary career in the making.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Good job JoJo. Next time take a second to call the police first. At least that way you'd already have help on the way if things go sideways.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links