Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House

This is a discussion on Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by sebring I would have went to get my gun also, seeing the guy was right outside your window. Just dont do a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nearly Drew Down on Someone At Neighboours House

Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    I would have went to get my gun also, seeing the guy was right outside your window. Just dont do a zimmerman.
    I do believe that I would have more discretion than Z. I'm not going out blazing with the Smith just because I see someone I do not know in the yard next door. We supposedly have a "neighbourhood watch" group but I have never taken the opportunity to look into it.

I am very aware that things can and do get ugly considering the flow of adrenaline and not having any sense about what you are about to do. I think I'm good in that respect.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    In my attempt at gentle decorum, I was being subtle. How can you draw down on anyone when your gun is in your safe?
    I understand.

While I am away at work, I cannot carry my firearm, it isn't allowed since I work for the County. I had just came home and was preparing to go to the gym. Since the burglary, we invested in a gun safe to protect ALL of our valuables not just the remaining firearms the thug was unable to cart off. He decently left me the Mosin-Nagant because he had his hands and pockets full of my guns that he found. He did not get all of them thankfully.

I got the gun out of the safe because I did not know why the guy was there and if I needed to confront him, I was certainly not doing it unarmed. I could have retrieved my 42 inch Katana sword from the safe and lopped off a hand or other appendage should I have to confront someone, but felt the gun might be more effective.

Like I have tried to convey, I'm still nervous over the burglary and I seriously want 5 minutes with the maggot should he ever be caught. End of burglary career in the making.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Good job JoJo. Next time take a second to call the police first. At least that way you'd already have help on the way if things go sideways.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links