Travel gear

Travel gear

This is a discussion on Travel gear within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I travel usually every week and I'm gone for 3 or 4 nights every time as far as 5 hours away. I am just looking ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By rocky
  • 1 Post By Sc00ter079
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 2 Post By kapnketel
  • 1 Post By Sc00ter079
  • 1 Post By .45acpguy
  • 1 Post By nontechguy

Thread: Travel gear

Travel gear

I travel usually every week and I'm gone for 3 or 4 nights every time as far as 5 hours away. I am just looking for some ideas on gear I should be bringing for the just in case situations. I always have a high cap 9mm with two extra mags of hp rounds, a box of 50 fmj, a good knife, a good flash light and an Otis cleaning kit. What else should I be bringing. A lot of my normal survival gear was recently put in a bag for the wife in case something happens while I'm gone.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Sounds like good gear to me

Lead Moderator
    I like to keep basic survival gear in the ride , just in case I get stranded . Emergency blanket , knife, a few MRE meals , ect.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Travel gear

Meals and blanket would be good

Water. And I'd ditch the cleaning kit. IMHO, a little Visine-type bottle with your favorite lube is more than sufficient for travel. Replace the weight savings with a good multi-tool (Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, etc.).
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member

Travel gear

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Water. And I'd ditch the cleaning kit. IMHO, a little Visine-type bottle with your favorite lube is more than sufficient for travel. Replace the weight savings with a good multi-tool (Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, etc.).
    This. The only time I ever bring a cleaning kit is when I'm going hunting. Unless you just hit random shooting ranges, I can't see much need for non-SD ammo or cleaning supplies. I guess it can't hurt anything but I like to stick with stuff that I might really use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    First Aid Kit
    surefire7 and Rock and Glock like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Travel gear

Non sd ammo is better than running out of ammo. Weight is not a huge issue with the little cleaning kit plus I do visit random ranges and I just added a leatherman wave last night.

When you REALLY need batteries for the flashlight, others may buy out the supply before you can find some.

Consider adding a crank-flashlight; one minute of cranking gives about 5 minutes of very good light. They cost about $10-$12 at Walmart.

Also, if your budget will permit--get a Katadyn Hiker Pro water filter & some containers for the water.

Yes, do add a First Aid Kit, too.

Just make up another bag like the one you left for the wife.
    Some kind of fire starter, besides matches. A flint set. A few pill bottles of dryer lint.
    Also check out the Prepper Forum.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Links