Using children to gain entry

This is a discussion on Using children to gain entry within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know I'm preaching to the choir here... but pass this on to your friends/acquaintances/co-workers that live in La-La Land... Children can be used as ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ep1953

Thread: Using children to gain entry

Using children to gain entry

I know I'm preaching to the choir here... but pass this on to your friends/acquaintances/co-workers that live in La-La Land...

Children can be used as props to get into a house...

Story here
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Not uncommon at all, it is a ruse used by "travelers" and "gypsies". door to door home repair offers, etc which are a scam in themselves, will often have kids with them. While you talk to the adult, the kid is going through your house stealing stuff. The bathroom request is a common theme.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I feel bad for kids being raised and used by scum like that. But sorry, no potty here for you.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    In the late 1980's I managed a claims unit that handled claims for the largest grocery store chain in Chicago and we had a lot of staged incidents (known in the biz as "gypsy claims"). We worked closely with the unit in the Chicago PD that handled these types of cases, you would be amazed at the stuff we saw and heard about...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Nothing new. Sob story, requesting money, requesting to "bum" a cigarette, bringing children along to reduce suspicion ... anything to get within contact distances. Now, in public with many others around I am not too concerned about a query done from well outside of arms-length distances. But get in my face, right in my car window, or up to my front door with these false claims, then you shouldn't be surprised when I question your motives.

Got a problem? Leave a card or flyer ... and I'll get back to you. Know me instead? Then call me before coming over. Else, I don't know you, your problem, your claims or why you'd think I would blindly open my door to you. It's called getting a clue. Already got one o' those, thanks.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Had this happen to me in grad school.
    Two kids, about 9 and 10 asked for a glass of water.
    My girlfriend let them inside, but we kept an eye on them at all times (nothing taken then).

Apparently they did a pretty good job casing the joint. When we went out to dinner a few hours later, we came home to find the skylight in the living room removed, and the house burgled.
    I was impressed at how they did it. Impressed, and a lot more careful (and suspicious) now.

That's why 9 out of 10 times I just ignore the doorbell. During the campaign election last year some guy came to my door banging just after I put my daughter down for a nap so I looked at my wife jumped up mad went to the door looked out the peephole then opened the door slightly and had a few choice words for him. I then told him to never come to my house again banging like that or next time I won't be so nice. True story.

All kinds of scams out there. Last fall a man was incessantly ringing my doorbell about 10 o'clock at night. I finally opened the inner door but left the outer security door locked. He then proceeded to tell me how his car had broken down in front of my house and he needed to call for help. Then he saw the .45 in my hand and suddenly decided to beat a hasty retreat and his car seemed to work just fine.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Links