In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors! - Page 2

In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors!

This is a discussion on In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by yz9890 if only there was a some kind of weapon that would be more effective than scissors against an armed assault. maybe ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors!

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    if only there was a some kind of weapon that would be more effective than scissors against an armed assault. maybe some kind of projectile weapon. someone should look in to that.
    yz9890, DJC7, mano3 and 4 others like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

That one guy in the corner of the office with the twitchy eye that has fortified his desk with cubical wars equipment scoffs in the face of this video.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    That reminds me of my tour in Thailand many moons ago. We constructed darts using .040 safety wire and bit of foam and shot them through metal tubes that were aircraft seat parts. It was surprisingly accurate and would spear lizards running across the hootch window screens. Kept us bunch of bored GI occupied. I don't think the lizards were to keen on it though.
    64zebra likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    if only there was a some kind of weapon that would be more effective than scissors against an armed assault. maybe some kind of projectile weapon. someone should look in to that.

This would work...Amazon.com: rubberband guns
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ok who made this satire? It's very comedic. Maybe some people will get some use out of it though, then they can become a leader... of their herd.

Cool! Where do you all get those ones with the pointy ends? All they ever give me is the round ones.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

sheep. that is what we got now, a bunch of sheep leading this nation. they will do all they can to miss lead the masses with bad information.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Re: In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors!

Thank you, I needed a good laugh. DHS will tell you to arm yourselves with scissors and knitting needles, while scooping up all those nasty 'personal defense weapons' for themselves....what a bunch of asshats

Sent from my phone using Dumb Thumbs

Baffles me that on a military installation, if an active shooter incident occurs, we all have to hide and wait until the GGs show-up.

Hiding under my desk with my Leatherman knife while the body count is going up... geezzzz!!!!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Rumor has that the secret service is giving up their guns and are now carrying sissors.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

We have to go through the stupid active shooter training every year. Why? Because it would be a felony to have firearm at work. Really. That was the only solution they can come up with. Active shootet training. Here's a thought, let responsible folks carry a gun on base. Think about it. How stupid does this sound? Shooter comes on base with a gun and just shoots folks for almost ever. Fort Hood. It's a military base. A high percentage of the civilian working on my base are retired military. We can't screen folks with securiy clearences and find a few sound enough to carry a concealed firearm.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That's as helpful as being told to hide under your desk at school in case of a nuclear attack.
    You forgot that they also said to buy duct tape.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

RKM
    If I don't have a firearm (which is never, unless otherwise required by law....which is pretty much never), I will ALWAYS at least have a knife. Scissors, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    If I don't have a firearm (which is never, unless otherwise required by law....which is pretty much never), I will ALWAYS at least have a knife. Scissors, seriously?
    you didn't get the memo? knives are EVIL, just like guns. Can't have people running around with knives. /sarcasm off. scissors would be my choice IF I had no other option.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

WOW
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links