In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors!

This is a discussion on In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by pittypat21 This forum makes me laugh. I can't tell you how many threads I've read on here of somebody proposing a situation ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: In an active shooter situation? Fight back with sissors!

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    This forum makes me laugh. I can't tell you how many threads I've read on here of somebody proposing a situation with an active shooter. Most of the responses on these threads are "Call the police and be a good witness, and try to run if I can. If there's no way for me to run, then maybe I'll take action. My gun is only for me and my family, nobody else." But then DHS puts out a video suggesting the very same thing (hide first, and if you HAVE to and have NO other option, fight back) and people criticize them for suggesting that people run instead of defending themselves, or defending themselves with a pair of scissors.

The focus is hardly "arm yourselves with scissors!" Whether this active shooter scenario happens in a workplace that does or doesn't allow people to carry, there will always be people that DON'T carry. And for those people that don't carry, when fighting is the only option, anything can become a weapon of opportunity; especially sharp objects like scissors. This is hardly a "fight with scissors, not guns!" It is simply when you must fight, fight with anything you can find.
    That's because we are taught not to fight. We have replaced good old settle your own problems, with conflict resolution and anger management. Draw your gun to help a stranger and risk being charged or sued by everyone including the bad guys. Can't we just all get along? Let's give medals and trophy's to the losers so they won't get a bad self-image! Let's just apologize to England for starting that nasty old revolution!

2. Remove Ads

Paper, Rock, Scissors -> a perfect game for the three stooges Obama, Holder, Napolitano.

It kind of makes one wonder what the next citizen disarmament propaganda video will be about? <SMH>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links