Beyond worst case scenario... Civic and social decay. - Page 3

Beyond worst case scenario... Civic and social decay.

This is a discussion on Beyond worst case scenario... Civic and social decay. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by msb45 I did see video documentation that supports that thousands of guns were confiscated. Please post the link to this "documentation" of ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Beyond worst case scenario... Civic and social decay.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msb45 View Post
    I did see video documentation that supports that thousands of guns were confiscated.
    Please post the link to this "documentation" of thousands of guns confiscated.

Disasters, what makes me look sane to the other people in the apartment building

Senior Moderator
    I personally believe hat everyone should be prepared to live at least 3 weeks without outside support. No utilities, no grocery stores etc....
    miller_man and goldshellback like this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    I'm ready.

I'd much prefer to bug-in, vs. bug-out.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Please post the link to this "documentation" of thousands of guns confiscated.
    Here's some photos, quick BING search

GunConfiscation1.jpg DSC_0016.JPG rustynolagunmodel17.jpg Seized-Guns.jpg

Here's a link to one: http://cdn.ammoland.com/files/wp-con...eized-Guns.jpg

Bonus: OLD Lady taking a beatdown and other victims detailing how their guns were confiscated: LiveLeak.com - FLASHBACK Gun Confiscation After Katrina the story of destroying a heirloom is in this video.

Oh and I can't find NBC but here is that right wing ABC video of "we're going to talk all guns" Katrina Martial Law Firearms Confiscation nbc - Bing Videos

Exaggeration - I think not, how many other victims didn't report their confiscations fearing retaliation? Do I have an exact count? No. But the ABC video documents wide spread confiscation.

So technically you might be right, but I don't believe so. I'm willing to see proof that less than thousands of guns were confiscated.

Until then lets agree to disagree. No need to "" around words to minimize something you haven't seen yet.
    ep1953 likes this.

I'd say I'd be in pretty good shape. I know I wouldn't enjoy it, but I think I'd make it through okay.
    In a "week or two" scenario, I'd even be in a good position to help others.

Administrator
    With regard to bugging in or bugging out...prepared. ~ Except for possibly enough dog food but, I'll probably eat the doggone dog anyway so....

I am always adding a bit and making some changes but, we would be just fine for quite a while.
    goldshellback likes this.

Nine days without electric during the aftermath of Sandy taught us alot.......most of my neighbors went to live with relatives in other areas.....we stayed....food, water, shelter, ammo.....and no messin' around.....when I heard over our scanner that all emergency services were suspended it became a .....Stand Your Ground situation.....in a Duty to Retreat state.

Administrator
    "How prepared are you to deal with a week or two total chaos without some utilities like power and dealing with looters trying to break into your home."

Just keep in mind that there is a HUGE difference between just having enough food, water, a firearm and some other miscellaneous supplies which enable folks to stick things out for a few weeks and being able to cope with an all out total infrastructure/societal collapse. Which is what I would class as Total Chaos.

The difference is between the two is monumental so you probably need to rethink your definition of Total Chaos which is one heckova lot more serious of a scenario than just "holing up" with no electricity and having some food and water socked away.
    That is great and needs to be strongly encouraged but, it is not Total Chaos survival.
    Being MORE self sufficient/reliant is always better than being LESS.

Recently I have been floating around the web doing some serious B.O.B. equipment research w/ the ultimate goal of reducing my hump weight by approximately 20# which led me to some "survival" sites (using that term loosely) that left me dumfounded as to how absolutely delusional some folks were with regard to any true S.H.T.F. scenario.
    I discovered multitudes of examples of idiocy ranging from Internet Bravado to Downright Stupidity.

This Video by a "damn good man" MainePrepper might serve as a wake-up call to anybody that may (perchance) need one.
    It may be taking this thread a bit further than the OP originally intended and (if so) I apologize in advance and just ignore it and continue on.
    It is very worthwhile in that it may prompt a few folks to rethink some things and then become better prepared for more serious possible eventualities.

I guess this will "fit" since the OP titled this thread...Beyond Worst Case Scenario Civic & Social decay.

btw - WROL stands for Without Rule Of Law.
    Jeanlouise, Tzadik and steffen like this.

We will hunker down. We are pretty far into the country. We have 1-2 bars on the cell at most. Our neighborhood is 8 homes and they are getting prepared also.

We are getting better prepared as we can afford it. Currently, we have the means to power our home if the main grid goes down for about one month now and more in the near future. We have well water with generator power as back up also. Our main heat is from an underground 1000 gallon oil tank and we can hand pump for our truck if needed. I will be replacing the kitchen electric stove with propane before this summer and will have enough propane for cooking and heat if we run out of oil. I am 90% done building shelving in the basement but have not made the commitment to fill those shelves with dry goods yet. The shelves are about 10% filled. But we are getting there and will get more prepared when we see signs of anarchy on the rise.

I feel we have two years max if the economy doesn't turn around shortly.

BTW, I am not a prepper... but I do believe in being better prepared.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

VIP Member
    I have 60 days of freeze dried food for each member of my family. I also have water and kept a hot water heater (instead of one of the instant heaters) when I replaced my old one last year just so I have more water on hand if needed. Finally, I have been blessed enough to be able to afford a small second home on a mid sized lake (105 miles of shore line) 90+ miles from Atlanta. 65% of the land around the lake is US forest so there are not a lot of people that even know its there. I have a wood burning fireplace, fishing equipment and guns. I think I could hold out for some time if it ever really hit the fan.
    Jeanlouise and goldshellback like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BelaOkmyx View Post
    Most looters are non-violent. What I would be more concerned about is a hate-based campaign where adherents to a certain ideology are looking to physically punish "the rich," rape women and all that. Who I'd be most concerned about are not rednecks and suburbanites because they usually live far enough away from cities to be hard to get to in case of a civil collapse. The ones in real danger will be the yuppies who thought it was cool to live in an renovated apartment in Baltimore or Atlanta, and one day find out they are surrounded by people who hate them, the police have packed their families into their cruisers and have headed to the hills, and that they have no way to defend themselves.
    Hello Beyla... and welcome to the forum.

A couple of points I must disagree with you. Looting is not non violent. Scavenging is mostly nonviolent. Looting is by definition stealing property, and has no defense. Scavenging is taking what you need to survive.

The longer the crisis lasts the further the unprepared will range from their home ground. Many people have a false impression that living in a rural, or sub-urban setting will protect them frome most harm. There will be prepared, and unprepared in every setting. Again many of those unprepared will go feral sooner than later. I believe that hunger trumps hate any day of the week. Hate focus is more likely IMO in a comfortable society. A society in crisis is more likely to focus on survival.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post

A couple of points I must disagree with you. Looting is not non violent. Scavenging is mostly nonviolent. Looting is by definition stealing property, and has no defense. Scavenging is taking what you need to survive.

The longer the crisis lasts the further the unprepared will range from their home ground. Many people have a false impression that living in a rural, or sub-urban setting will protect them frome most harm. There will be prepared, and unprepared in every setting. Again many of those unprepared will go feral sooner than later. I believe that hunger trumps hate any day of the week. Hate focus is more likely IMO in a comfortable society. A society in crisis is more likely to focus on survival.
    I think you're both right. At first it will be the looting and hate crimes. That's when the people living in the cities will be in the most danger.
    After a few weeks when the looters realize there's nothing left to loot and the electricity isn't coming back on, they head for the suburbs and beyond.

We're nowheres near being prepared for anything more than 2 weeks. We really need to rethink this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    [I][COLOR=#ff0000]"How prepared are you to deal with a week or two .
    Being MORE self sufficient/reliant is always better than being LESS. :yup

This Video by a "damn good man" MainePrepper might serve as a wake-up call to anybody that may (perchance) need one.
    It may be taking this thread a bit further than the OP originally intended and (if so) I apologize in advance and just ignore it and continue on.
    It is very worthwhile in that it may prompt a few folks to rethink some things and then become better prepared for more serious possible eventualities.

I guess this will "fit" since the OP titled this thread...Beyond Worst Case Scenario Civic & Social decay.

btw - WROL stands for Without Rule Of Law.

This is a great video,he makes a lot of good points, especially about the importance of having rifles.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I hold to 'the three's'...... 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months. First 3 days are an orentation, if you will... a realization of the situation and hunkering down for the initial 'onslaught' of 'whatever' is happening.

The next 3 weeks is the colapse of the infastructure, and the start of the rioting, looting, and lawlessness. This is where the fight starts.

The next three months is the 'survival-mode'... bugging-in or out and hanging on... and planning/implementing your next course of action.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links