great-grandmother holds men at gun point - Page 2

great-grandmother holds men at gun point

This is a discussion on great-grandmother holds men at gun point within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Gene83 Try this link for more details. I'm glad it turned out well, but I think it was pretty foolhardy myself. Granny: ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: great-grandmother holds men at gun point

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Try this link for more details. I'm glad it turned out well, but I think it was pretty foolhardy myself.

Granny: ?I?m not afraid to use it? (VIDEO) | Columbia Daily Herald

^^I agree with Gene83^^^^^^

This , a quote about the old lady from his link is disheartening;

Armstreet said she doesn’t support owning AK-47 assault rifles or any weapons that have more than 10-round clips. She said she supports responsible gun ownership, background checks and arresting those who possess firearms without a license.

She doesn't get it.
    My mom, born in 1941(72 yr old) favors NO gun control. CC herself & shoots(practices) several times a year, as she is now a widower, and travels often by herself.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^I agree with Gene83^^^^^^

This , a quote about the old lady from his link is disheartening;

Armstreet said she doesn’t support owning AK-47 assault rifles or any weapons that have more than 10-round clips. She said she supports responsible gun ownership, background checks and arresting those who possess firearms without a license.

She doesn't get it.
    My mom, born in 1941(72 yr old) favors NO gun control. CC herself & shoots(practices) several times a year, as she is now a widower, and travels often by herself.
    While I don't agree with her position on gun control, this was the part of the story that bothered me..

The suspects then became fidgety and one again started to walk toward Armstreet. She told him to stop, but he kept on. Armstreet fired one shot in the air, she said, so he would know the gun was loaded and she knew how to use it

I've never been in favor of firing "warning shots". I think if I was confronting two individuals I would have something more substantial than a .22 handgun, but to each his own.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

awsome

Armstreet said she had her pistol ready and could hear one of them approach her in the dark, but the suspect quickly backed off.
    Couldn't see them,she is lucky they weren't ready to shoot somebody to escape!
    “If they had gotten into the car, perhaps it would have had an entirely different outcome,” Armstreet said. “If they had gotten into the car and brought out a weapon of any kind, I absolutely would have shot them.”
    Unless they shot you first since it sounds like you had no cover and by the time he deployed a gun by the time you realized the threat would have very likely been shot

One suspect took out his cell phone and began wandering around the area, she said. The other suspect opened the car’s trunk, took out a pair of battery cables and asked for a jump to start his car.
    Got them and gun point and letting them meander around and get in the trunk!
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

She would be in the POKEY,,,If it was in Fl. ; ) PS If it happend as written
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

...proof that God looks after fools and little children...

...she did so many things wrong...and it all ended up right...hope someone cares enough for her to sit her down and re-train her...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links