It's such a great feeling....

This is a discussion on It's such a great feeling.... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ....to reach in your pocket and feel the safety of an LCP letting you know "it's ok buddy. I'm here." twice tonight I got a ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By thechriskarel
  • 1 Post By NCSoxFan
  • 2 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By sixgun
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By 45ACP4ever
  • 3 Post By SpringerXD

Thread: It's such a great feeling....

It's such a great feeling....

....to reach in your pocket and feel the safety of an LCP letting you know "it's ok buddy. I'm here."

twice tonight I got a little worried, the first time was a guy stopping directly behind me at a urinal for like 5 seconds, and when I turn to him I see that he is fiddling with his coat zipper (who does that right behind somebody!?)

and then when I pulled into my driveway, it was unusually dark inside and there was (were?) a set of keys in the key hole. So naturally my over-thinking self thought that my roommate was inside tied up. Of course, she just left her keys in the door like a dummy...but still it was nice to feel safe with my little buddy with me.

Oh, to the "carry something bigger crowd", I also have a 1911 but I carry the LCP because nobody ever knows I have it on me.

Off topic: <---- that looks like a guy hanging himself rather than a guy bungee jumping.
    Badey likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Was it Senator Larry Craig lurking behind you in the men's room?
    MJB_17 likes this.

Comforting yes.... but do not forget that their is no replacement for the safety between your ears. Always be aware, think about what is happening, keep your wits and be responsible, complacency kills. Stay alert, stay alive.
    atctimmy and perfection like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Hey he "uses a wide stance when using the bathroom"...

On topic, yes it is a comforting feeling I can relate. If I had come home to the keys in the door scenario I would have drawn my weapon, I did that once a few months ago when I came home to find my door unlocked after a short trip, turns out that my girlfriend (who has a key) came over without telling me and forgot to lock the door. Didn't come close to a tragic incident fortunately since I heard her talking on the phone before she knew I was there, a stern lecture was given though.

I would think a good spanking would be advisable.
    Spovik likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "...there was (were?) a set of keys in the key hole."

Since you had the question, "was" is correct as "set" is singular. Other than that, take a deep breath and relax.
    thechriskarel and NewtownSam like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Glad you 2 senarios were nothing to get to alarmed about. And at least you had a gun with you in case. I like the light and easy to conceal firearms. I find myself carrying my p-32 on occasion. Stay safe.
    thechriskarel likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I would think a good spanking would be advisable.

^^^^For the bathroom lurker^^^^^^^

or the roommate?

My daughters will do this once in a while, but it is the door to the house inside the garage, and our dog is there as a first line of defense.
    Also, we live out in the sticks, and do not have people suspiciously lurking about that go unnoticed.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

OP, I think you need to sit down and drink a beer, maybe to. SA is good, but not everyone is out to get you.
    perfection likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    OP, I think you need to sit down and drink a beer, maybe to. SA is good, but not everyone is out to get you.
    And the time you think "Eh, that guy standing behind me isn't here to hurt me" is the time you get whacked across the back of the head. Not every bad situation starts like a horror movie scene.

I've never stopped behind a person at a urinal, and I'd feel odd if someone stopped behind me as well.

As for finding keys in the door, I'd be a bit nervous especially if the place is dark. I've come home (when I lived with my parents) to find keys in the door, but the lights were on and I could hear them talking, so it was no big deal.

OP, good situational awareness.
    thechriskarel likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thechriskarel View Post
    ....to reach in your pocket and feel the safety of an LCP letting you know "it's ok buddy. I'm here."
    Yep, my XDS says the same thing except in a heavier voice.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Links